Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty) surgery in Chester
At Nuffield Health The Grosvenor Hospital in Chester, our skilled team of cosmetic and ENT surgeons have vast experience performing successful nose reshaping surgery. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £150|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£4,825|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our Chester Hospital today
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Wrexham Road, Chester, CH4 7QP
Why choose Nuffield Health Chester Hospital for my rhinoplasty procedure?
Nuffield Health Chester, The Grosvenor has been a leading private hospital in Cheshire for over 40 years. We pride ourselves on providing high quality, personalised, end-to-end health care.
Throughout your nose reshaping surgery, commonly referred to as a 'nose job', you will see the same specialist cosmetic/ENT surgeon and be entitled to any aftercare you need during your recovery.
Our spacious private rooms have en-suite bathroom, television and Wi-Fi and our team of compassionate nurses will do everything they can to make you feel comfortable. We have ample on-site parking, so family and friends can visit whenever you like.
If you're thinking about having rhinoplasty, why not attend one of our free open events in Chester? You will get to meet one of our expert consultants and find out more about the procedure and if it's suitable for you.
Reasons you may consider nose reshaping at our Chester Hospital:
- Cosmetic - you may not like the shape or size of your nose and this may be having an affect on your self-esteem
- Medical - you might have suffered an injury to your nose causing it to be broken or crooked. Or you may have nasal blockage causing breathing problems. Rhinoplasty is considered as reconstructive surgery if there are medical reasons for the procedure.
What happens during rhinoplasty surgery?
- A rhinoplasty is generally performed under general anaesthetic
- The duration of the surgery and the technique used will depend on how much your nose will change
- Your surgeon in Chester can refine the tip of your nose by removing some of the cartilage
- If you have a hump on your nose this can be shaved down
- Your surgeon can also straighten and narrow your nasal bones by breaking and then resetting them
- The operation can be performed from inside the nostrils (known as a 'closed' rhinoplasty) or your surgeon will make a small cut in the area between your nostrils to expose the underlying area (known as an 'open' rhinoplasty)
- You may need to spend 1 or 2 nights at our hospital
- You may require a splint over your nose held in place by tape
- If your nose is packed you will need to breathe through your mouth until the packing is removed the morning after your nasal surgery
- To limit swelling and bruising you may be given ice packs as well as any pain relief medication you require.
After rhinoplasty surgery at our Chester Hospital
- You may experience some bruising, swelling or numbness
- Icing the nose area can help ease these symptoms
- You will need to be off work and stay way from groups of people for at least 2 weeks to avoid catching a cold
- Strenuous activity should be avoided for between 4 - 6 weeks
- You will need to rest in an upright position for the first few days after surgery and avoid bending down
- The splint will be removed after 7 - 10 days
- Although you will see immediate improvement following your rhinoplasty, your appearance will continue to improve over the next 6 - 12 months
- You will need to have a discussion with your surgeon in Chester before taking part in any strenuous impact exercise or contact sports.
The below is only a guide as to the stages of recovery after nose reshaping surgery.
- Might be some blood coloured watery fluid coming from your nose
- You might feel a bit down and will feel like you have a heavy cold. Do not blow your nose
- May have slight nose bleeds
- Should begin to feel a lot brighter. Bruising and Swelling beginning to go down now
- You should be able to wear your contact lenses but continue to sleep sitting up
- Make sure that you keep the nasal splint dry. Any external stitches will be removed
- You can blow your nose now (gently) and sleep lying down
- Check your outpatient appointment time – you can soon have that splint removed
- Eyes may still be black but the bruising is beginning to fade
- Much of the bruising and swelling is gone
- Most patients are ready to go back to work or at least feel they can go out and about
- Any remaining bruising can be covered up with make-up
- Most of the swelling has gone now
- At the end of this week, you can return to more vigorous exercise if you like
- You will still feel some numbness and stiffness at the end of your nose – this will continue to improve with time
- It will be fine to return to any form of contact sport
- Apply high factor sunscreen until at least the six month stage
- Swelling continues to reduce. The shape of your nose will continue to refine
- Nearly all healing complete
- Any refinement needed will be done at this time
Specific complications of rhinoplasty nose surgery may include:
- Bruising and swelling
- Altered sense of smell
- Altered breathing
- Minor bleeding
- Injury to nerves
- Graft rejection.
Worried about how people might react to your new look after cosmetic surgery? Here are eight helpful tips on how to step back into the world with confidence.
To achieve the best results from any type of plastic surgery, whether it is breast enhancement, liposuction, a face lift or tummy tuck, it is important to do your research first. Mr Darren Lewis provides some tips for what questions to ask before surgery.