- Specialities General Surgery, Vascular and endovascular surgery
- Telephone 01904 715111 (York) 01642 367439 (Tees)
- Year of first qualification 1991
- Email email@example.com (Tees)
- GMC Number 3540415
- Fax 01904 715288
Mr Cavanagh was born and educated in Liverpool. He came to Yorkshire in 1986, and trained as a doctor in Leeds and underwent surgical training around Yorkshire.
He has a busy vascular surgical practice, undertaking all types of arterial and venous surgery. He has a particular interest in carotid, aortic and lower limb arterial surgery including endovascular aneurysm repair. He is also interested in venous disease and undertakes the full range of treatment options for venous disease including minimally invasive techniques.
His NHS workload includes the York, Harrogate, Scarborough and Bridlington areas.
He is actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate education and runs the Royal College of Surgeons of England Care of the Critically Ill Surgical Patient Course in York.
- Monday AM - York
- Ad Hoc - Tees
- Consultant Vascular and General Surgeon, York Hospitals Trust
- Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
- Scarborough General Hospital
- Bridlington and District Hospital
- Varicose vein treatment including surgery, minimally invasive treatments endovenous laser therapy (radiofrequency ablation), sclerotherapy
- Treatment for hyperhidrosis (injections, thoracoscopic sympathectomy)
- All types of arterial surgery (open and endovascular aortic aneurysm surgery, carotid surgery for stroke prevention, lower limb bypass surgery, renal access surgery and diabetic lower limb complications.)
- Vascular Society
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of England
- European Society of Vascular Surgery
- British Medical Association
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
Reperfusion injury, autologous transfusion.
DeclarationMr Stephen Paul Cavanagh works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Stephen Paul Cavanagh does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Stephen Paul Cavanagh does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Stephen Paul Cavanagh does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.