Diagnostic imaging in Stockton-on-Tees
Nuffield Health Tees Hospital provides rapid access to state-of-the-art diagnostic scanning including MRI, CT, X-ray, mammogram and ultrasound.
Why choose Nuffield Health Tees Hospital for your diagnostic imaging and scans?
Nuffield Health Tees Hospital offers a comprehensive range of expert imaging services with flexible appointments, short waiting times and rapid results. All examinations are reported on by one of our consultant radiologists.
- Our highly skilled radiographers carry out X-rays with appointments available Monday to Friday
- Evening appointments are available four nights a week.
- We offer an extensive range of ultrasound procedures that are carried out by Consultant Radiologists
- These include musculoskeletal, abdominal, testicular, gynaecology, breast, vascular and soft tissue.
- Our mobile Magnetic Resonance Imaging unit (MRI) is on site three days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday)
- There is no waiting list and all reports are generally available to your GP/Consultant within 24 hours.
- Our mammographers use low energy X-rays to image the breast as a diagnostic and screening tool
- Self-referrals are accepted from patients aged over 40 with no clinical symptoms/problems.
- A scan using special X-rays to take images of the body. It uses a computer to create ‘slices’ (cross sections) of the body and internal organs
- There is no waiting list and all reports are generally available quickly after your scan.
Paying for your diagnostic imaging at Nuffield Health Tees Hospital
We work closely with all of the major medical insurers and may even be able to work directly with your insurer in order to make the whole process easier for you. However it is important that you liaise with your insurance company before commencing treatment. We also offer competitive rates for patients who are paying for themselves.
How to book a test or scan at Nuffield Health Tees Hospital
To book an appointment ask your GP or Consultant to fax your referral letter to 01642 363448. Alternatively you can book a diagnostic scan yourself by calling our radiology department on 01642 367 439.
Contact our radiology experts in Stockton-on-Tees
Fill in a contact form, or give us a call
A member of the team will respond to you soon.