- Specialities General Surgery
- Telephone Freephone 0800 616 267
- Year of first qualification 1987
- GMC Number 3244616
- Fax 0141 339 1352
Mr McKay has more than 12 years experience as a consultant surgeon in the regional referral unit for upper gastrointestinal and complex pancreatic and biliary surgery. He trained in the West of Scotland, latterly as lecturer in the Academic Surgical Unit, University of Glasgow. He then spent a further year in Hong Kong, training in advanced endoscopy, ERCP, oesophageal surgery and endoscopic ultrasound.
- Weekly Monday evening
- Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal and Pancreatico-biliary Surgeon, West of Scotland Pancreatic Unit, Glasgow Royal Infirmary
- Lead Clinican, Scottish Hepato Pancreatico Biliary (HPB) Cancer Network
Clinical interests include:
- Gallbladder removal by laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Hernia repair, laparoscopic hernia repair
- Endoscopy and endoscopic procedures including endoscopic ultrasound
- Pancreatic surgery
- Pancreatic Society Great Britain and Ireland (committee member)
- UK EUS Users’ Group (Secretary).
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons
- European Pancreatic Club (scientific committee member).
- International Society of Pancreatology.
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (USA)
Mr McKay has an active research group with projects in pancreatic cancer and pancreatitis and am a regular invited speaker at national and international meetings.