Dr Akkad is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Leicester Royal Infirmary with a private practice at Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital.
She graduated in Germany and undertook all postgraduate training in the UK. She worked and trained in Trent from 1992 and was appointed Consultant at Leicester Royal Infirmary in 2005.
Dr Akkad sees patients with a range of gynaecological problems including menstrual disorders, menopause, vulval skin disorders and genital tract infections. She offers offers procedures including insertion of hormonal coil (IUS), vulval skin biopsy, hysteroscopy, hysteroscopic surgery including endometrial ablation and fibroid resection (Myosure and Novasure procedures).
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Andrea Akkad at Nuffield Health
- Hysteroscopic surgery
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Hormonal coil
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Endometrial ablation
- Excision vaginal lumps
- Cervical smear
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Medical Protection Society
- Association for the Study of Medical Education
- Higher Education Academy
Other post held
- Consultant Obstetrician &
- Gynaecologist at Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, University Hospitals Leicester NHS Trust
Insurers Dr Andrea Akkad works with
Dr Andrea Akkad works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Andrea Akkad does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Andrea Akkad does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Andrea Akkad does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.