What to pack for hospital
During your stay we will provide you with all the conveniences you would expect, such as fresh linen, hand and bath towels. Here’s what you should bring to make your stay more comfortable.
- Hairbrush, comb and shampoo
- Toothbrush & toothpaste or denture cleaner
- Shaving equipment
- Sanitary wear
- Nightwear and underwear
- A pair of non-slip slippers or shoes (dressing gown provided)
- Casual, loose clothing to wear during the day
- A good book, magazine or newspaper
- A favourite toy or comforter (if your child is staying or you really want one)
- Mobile phone (use of mobile phones might be restricted in certain areas of the hospital so make sure you bring that book)
- Medications (bring along documentation such as repeat prescription forms and anything else requested by your Consultant and give these items to the nurse when you arrive).
Don’t bring make-up or jewellery. You should remove any make-up before admission. In most cases you will be able to wear your wedding band but it may need to be taped up prior to your surgery.
Download our Patient Guide for more information.
Interested in treatment at Nuffield Health?
Fill in the form below and we'll get back to you within one working day. If it's urgent, you can call us on 0300 123 6200.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Last updated Tuesday 7 June 2022
First published on Tuesday 19 July 2016