Your heart is the engine that powers your body. Like all engines, it needs to be looked after to make sure it is in good shape.
We run a heart clinic, so you can take control of your health with a heart assessment.
Whether you’re suffering with symptoms or feel in good health, there’s never been a better time to give your heart a check-up. When it comes to potential heart conditions, early detection is vital.
We are also happy to review patients who have already had NHS investigation, but wish to seek additional advice or assessment, by arranging a consultation with one of our expert cardiologists.
Our team are on hand to provide you with comprehensive testing and analysis that will give you instant answers, a clear understanding of your heart health and together, help you make informed decisions about your heart.
What is involved in a private consultation?
We always start our heart assessments with a consultation, giving you time with our consultants for them to find out more about you and any heart concerns you have. You’ll need to provide any relevant personal and family medical history.
Our cardiologist will recommend the tests required to diagnose problems or review your heart health. Typical tests may include:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) - measures the electrical activity of the heart and gives important information about the rate and regularity of beats, the size and position of the chambers and any damage to the heart
- Echocardiogram (ECHO) – an ultrasound procedure to examine your heart and its function, including the level of blood flow
More advanced tests if needed include:
- Coronary Calcium Score – a low-dose CT scan to assess for coronary plaque, useful to assess future cardiac risk in patients without symptoms
- Coronary CT angiogram – a CT scan examining coronary arteries for plaque and blockages, useful in patients presenting with chest pain
- Cardiac MRI – an MRI scan of the heart offering the most sophisticated detailed information on cardiac structure, function, scar & performance
You’ll be advised at each step of your appointment if you need further testing, the decision is made based on the results from each test.
Why is it important to have a routine heart check-up?
- Many heart conditions go undetected without regular heart check-ups
- Understanding your risk of having a heart attack or stroke is the first step in lowering the risk
- Put an action plan in place with steps you can take to lower your risk of heart disease
Why Nuffield Health?
- You can have a consultation and heart assessment tests in a single visit
- No waiting lists, appointments at your convenience
- A friendly team of experienced experts
Ways to pay
Accessing private treatment is easier than you may think. Pay for yourself, use private medical insurance, or apply for a personal medical loan. We're here to help guide you through the process.
To explore your payment options, click here.
Can I self-refer?
Yes, for those self-referring, we will need your permission that all correspondence and test results will be shared with your registered GP or health care professional.
Meet the team