Vasectomy surgery in Leamington Spa
Are you and your partner considering male sterilisation as an effective long-term contraceptive method? At Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital our leading Consultant Urologists can provide you with rapid access to a vasectomy. Read more…
Contact our male fertility experts in Leamington Spa
Fill in a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
The Chase, Old Milverton Lane, Leamington Spa, CV32 6RW
Why choose Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital for your vasectomy private procedure?
At Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital our experienced consultant urologists specialise in male fertility, regularly helping patients become infertile through male sterilisation. If your personal circumstances have changed and you no longer wish to father children, a vasectomy could be a very effective form of long-term contraception.
If you decide to want children again in the future, a vasectomy can be reversed. Vasectomy reversal surgery is also performed by our expert urology team, however success may vary due to the complexity of the procedure with each patient.
Our hospital is conveniently located on the northern outskirts of Royal Leamington Spa. Our quiet location enables us to provide plenty of free parking for patients and visitors. Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital has been leading the way for men's health in The Midlands for a number of yeasrs. We have helped thousands of men from Leamington Spa, Coventry, Kenilworth, Stratford and surrounding areas by providing them with rapid access to a personalised and affordable treatment plan for a range of treatments.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital
If you are considering a vasectomy, you may want to discuss the procedure in more detail with a professional before proceeding with surgery. To book your initial consultation, please give our dedicated hospital enquiry team a call on 01926 436 351.
Before going ahead with treatment we strongly advise that you discuss vasectomy surgery with your partner before making a final decision.
Is a vasectomy right for you?
You should only consider a vasectomy if you are certain that you do not want any or further children. If you have a partner, it is important to discuss your thoughts with them first. If you do have any doubts, it’s best to wait until you have made a definite decision.
How does a vasectomy work?
- The operation works by stopping the sperm made in the testes reaching the semen
- Your body can still produce sperm, but the testicles reabsorb it naturally
- The surgery is under local anaesthetic and lasts about 30 minutes
- You may have some pain and swelling following the procedure but you should be able to return to work in 2 to 3 days
- After surgery, we will check your semen to make sure no sperm is present
- You should use alternative contraception until these tests are complete
- This can take up to 12 weeks.
Will my sex life be affected by a vasectomy?
- A vasectomy will not affect your sex drive or your ability to enjoy sex
- Semen is still produced, there is simply no sperm present
- You should use another form of contraception until we have confirmed that the operation is a success through a semen test
- You should remember that a vasectomy protects against causing pregnancy. but it does not protect against any sexually transmitted infection.