Vasectomy reversal surgery in Leamington Spa
If your personal circumstances change and you want to father children again, our expert urologists at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital can provide you with quick access to vasectomy reversal surgery. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£3,295|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our men's health experts in Leamington Spa
Fill out a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Why choose Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital for your vasectomy reversal surgery?
If you are considering the possibility of reversing a vasectomy, our expert urology consultants at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital are here to help. They have an exemplary track record of successful outcomes from their vasectomy reversal procedures, employing the most modern techniques in our state-of-the-art private hospital located in Royal Leamington Spa.
At Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital our highly trained staff provide care on an individual basis, ensuring that you are well informed, looked after and comfortable throughout your stay with us. Because we understand that every patient is different, our consultants will provide you with a treatment plan tailored to you, inclusive of all costs and any additional aftercare needed.
How to book a private consultation at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital
If you are interested in undergoing vasectomy reversal surgery, you can begin your treatment journey by booking an initial consultation with one of our expert Urology Consultants. To book, simply call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01926 436 351.
We strongly advise that you discuss vasectomy reversal surgery with your partner before making a final decision on going ahead with treatment.
What happens during vasectomy reversal surgery
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon in Leamington Spa will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6 - 8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.