If your personal circumstances change and you want to father children again, our expert urologists at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital can provide you with quick access to vasectomy reversal surgery.
Why choose Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital for your vasectomy reversal surgery?
If you are considering the possibility of reversing a vasectomy, our expert urology consultants at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital are here to help. They have an exemplary track record of successful outcomes from their vasectomy reversal procedures, employing the most modern techniques in our state-of-the-art private hospital located in Royal Leamington Spa.
At Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital our highly trained staff provide care on an individual basis, ensuring that you are well informed, looked after and comfortable throughout your stay with us. Because we understand that every patient is different, our consultants will provide you with a treatment plan tailored to you, inclusive of all costs and any additional aftercare needed.
How to book a private consultation at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital
If you are interested in undergoing vasectomy reversal surgery, you can begin your treatment journey by booking an initial consultation with one of our expert Urology Consultants. To book, simply call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01926 436 351.
We strongly advise that you discuss vasectomy reversal surgery with your partner before making a final decision on going ahead with treatment.
What happens during vasectomy reversal surgery
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon in Leamington Spa will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6 - 8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.
The Chase, Old Milverton Lane, Leamington Spa, CV32 6RW
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£3,575|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more