Our experienced urologists based in Taunton can provide you with rapid access to a vasectomy, as well as useful male fertility advice. If you are considering undergoing a vasectomy procedure and require rapid access to treatment get in touch.
Why choose Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital for your male sterilisation surgery?
At Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital our expert team of urologists specialise in male sterilisation. If you have reached an age where you no longer want to father children, our men's health experts can help you become infertile through vasectomy surgery.
By choosing to go private at Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital you can rest assured that you are in the best hands possible for your treatment. Our dedicated matron-led nursing team work alongside our consultants to ensure that you receive first class treatment throughout your hospital stay.
Deciding to have a vasectomy is a serious decision for a man to take. If you have a partner, we encourage you to discuss your options before you proceed with treatment.
Vasectomies are usually performed to last a lifetime, however if your personal circumstances do change in the future, there is a possibility that you can become fertile again with vasectomy reversal surgery.
Why choose Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital for your vasectomy procedure?
If you are considering a vasectomy and want professional advice from our male fertility experts, you can book a consultation with one of our urologists by calling our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01823 250612.
Alternatively, please fill out a contact form below and a member of our enquiry team in Taunton will get back to you at a more convenient time.
Is a vasectomy right for you?
You should only consider a vasectomy if you are certain that you do not want any or further children. If you have a partner, it is important to discuss your thoughts with them. If you do have any doubts, it’s best to wait until you have made a definite decision.
How does a vasectomy work?
- The operation works by stopping the sperm made in the testes reaching the semen
- Your body can still produce sperm, but the testicles reabsorb it naturally
- The surgery is under local anaesthetic and lasts about 30 minutes
- You may have some pain and swelling following the procedure but you should be able to return to work in two to three days
- After surgery, we will check your semen to make sure no sperm is present
- You should use alternative contraception until these tests are complete
- This can take up to twelve weeks.
Will my sex life be affected?
- A vasectomy will not affect your sex drive or your ability to enjoy sex
- Semen is still produced, there is simply no sperm in the semen
- However, you should use another form of contraception until we have confirmed that the operation is a success through a semen test
- You should also remember that a vasectomy protects against causing pregnancy, but it does not protect against any sexually transmitted infection.
Staplegrove Elm, Taunton, TA2 6AN
|Initial consultation||from £180|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£1,065|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more