Vasectomy treatment in Taunton
Our experienced urologists based in Taunton can provide you with rapid access to a vasectomy, as well as useful male fertility advice. If you are considering undergoing a vasectomy procedure and require rapid access to treatment get in touch. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £180|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£1,065|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our male fertility experts in Taunton
Fill in a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Staplegrove Elm, Taunton, TA2 6AN
Why choose Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital for your male sterilisation surgery?
At Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital our expert team of urologists specialise in male sterilisation. If you have reached an age where you no longer want to father children, our men's health experts can help you become infertile through vasectomy surgery.
By choosing to go private at Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital you can rest assured that you are in the best hands possible for your treatment. Our dedicated matron-led nursing team work alongside our consultants to ensure that you receive first class treatment throughout your hospital stay.
Deciding to have a vasectomy is a serious decision for a man to take. If you have a partner, we encourage you to discuss your options before you proceed with treatment.
Vasectomies are usually performed to last a lifetime, however if your personal circumstances do change in the future, there is a possibility that you can become fertile again with vasectomy reversal surgery.
Why choose Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital for your vasectomy procedure?
If you are considering a vasectomy and want professional advice from our male fertility experts, you can book a consultation with one of our urologists by calling our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01823 250612.
Alternatively, please fill out a contact form below and a member of our enquiry team in Taunton will get back to you at a more convenient time.
Is a vasectomy right for you?
You should only consider a vasectomy if you are certain that you do not want any or further children. If you have a partner, it is important to discuss your thoughts with them. If you do have any doubts, it’s best to wait until you have made a definite decision.
How does a vasectomy work?
- The operation works by stopping the sperm made in the testes reaching the semen
- Your body can still produce sperm, but the testicles reabsorb it naturally
- The surgery is under local anaesthetic and lasts about 30 minutes
- You may have some pain and swelling following the procedure but you should be able to return to work in two to three days
- After surgery, we will check your semen to make sure no sperm is present
- You should use alternative contraception until these tests are complete
- This can take up to twelve weeks.
Will my sex life be affected?
- A vasectomy will not affect your sex drive or your ability to enjoy sex
- Semen is still produced, there is simply no sperm in the semen
- However, you should use another form of contraception until we have confirmed that the operation is a success through a semen test
- You should also remember that a vasectomy protects against causing pregnancy, but it does not protect against any sexually transmitted infection.