Breast reduction surgery in Glasgow
Whether you are seeking breast reduction surgery for cosmetic or medical reasons, our experienced consultants at Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital will provide you with the attention you need and deserve, though a treatment plan personalised to you. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £120|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£5,715|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our cosmetic surgery experts in Glasgow
Fill out a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
25 Beaconsfield Road, Glasgow, G12 0PJ
Why choose Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital for your breast reduction surgery?
Are your large breasts causing you pack pain or discomfort? Or are you unhappy with the size and shape of your breasts? At Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital our experienced team of cosmetic surgeons can provide you with rapid access to treatment in our state-of-the-art hospital situated in Glasgow's West End.
Our Hospital in Glasgow has been leading the way for cosmetic surgery in Scotland for a number of years. Our consultants personalised approach to cosmetic care has earned them an exemplary reputation in the Glaswegian community. As a result, patient satisfaction scores are exeedingly high, with many patients returning to our hospital for other cosmetic procedures.
If you are a little unsure about breast reduction treatment or require more information from an expert, you are welcome to attend one of our free cosmetic surgery open events. Here you will get the opportunity to meet one of our cosmetic surgeons and ask any questions you may have.
How to book a consultation for breast reduction at our Glasgow Hospital
If you want to go ahead with breast reduction surgery, you will need to book an initial consultation to see one of our expert cosmetic surgeons in Glasgow first. To book a private consultation, please call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01413 349 441.
What happens during breast reduction surgery?
- Breast reduction is performed under a general anaesthetic
- It can take between one-and-a-half to three hours
- There are several different surgical procedures for breast reduction
- Excess skin and fat is removed
- Your breasts are reshaped and the nipples are repositioned
- All procedures result in a scar around the areola (dark area around the nipple) and each method results in additional scarring
- Your surgeon will discuss each procedure with you and together you will decide which is best in your particular case
- Breast reduction can also be used to correct asymmetry (imbalance) of your breasts.
Going home after your breast reduction surgery
- Patients are usually required to stay at Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital for one to two nights
- You will have dressings on your breasts and there may be drains (plastic tubes). The drains are usually removed before you leave hospital
- You will be given post-operative pain killers and instructions regarding your dressings and any stitches you may have.
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within six weeks. However everyone heals differently. Be sure and discuss your return to work with your surgeon
- The results of breast reduction improve gradually over time
- Your breasts should become softer and more natural as the healing continues.
Guide to the stages of recovery
- You may have some discomfort for a week. Mild painkillers will help with this but avoid taking aspirin
- Keep walking around to avoid post-operative complications
- Sports bra worn day and night for about 3 weeks.
- Might pull and hurt a little when you move around
- Any non-dissolvable stitches will be removed
- Gradually begin to increase your activity
- Depending on your job, should be able to return to work from 2 weeks
- Drive only when you feel safe to do so.
- Avoid lifting or pushing anything heavy for at least four weeks
- No need to wear a bra during the night but keep one on during the day
- Loss of sensation to breast and nipple area continues to improve.
- Scars will begin to soften and fade
- You can begin to judge the final result.
Specific complications following breast reduction:
- Developing a lump or swelling inside the breast
- Numbness or persistent pain on the outer part of the breast
- Loss of skin, including the areola and nipple
- Stiff shoulder
- Change of breast and nipple sensation
- Uneven shape: Your breasts will change shape after reduction surgery. There is a chance that they may end up slightly lopsided, lumpy or with uneven nipples
- Reduced ability to breastfeed.