- Specialities Plastic Surgery, Cosmetic Surgery
- Telephone Freephone 0800 616 267
- Year of first qualification 1996
- Email Glasgowoutpatients@nuffieldhealth.com
- GMC Number 4315012
- Fax 0141 339 1352
Mr Chew trained in Canniesburn and Leeds. Upon completion of his Plastic Surgery training, he undertook a subspecialist fellowship in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery at the Professorial Breast Units of the Western and Glasgow Royal Infirmaries.
He is one of a small group of UK Plastic Surgeons to have completed an accredited year of subspecialist training in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery. He was conferred an MPhil for his postgraduate research into minimising scarring in wound healing and breast implant surgery.
Mr Chew is actively involved in the training of future Consultant Plastic Surgeons as a faculty instructor of the Canniesburn Prefellowship, Microsurgery and Flap courses. He is an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow, as well as the undergraduate programme director at the Canniesburn Unit.
Mr Chew specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital:
- Weekly Monday evening
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Canniesburn Plastic Surgery Unit, Glasgow Royal Infirmary
- Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow
Mr Chew specialises in aesthetic breast, facial and body contouring surgery. His reconstructive subspecialties are breast reconstruction, microsurgery and oncoplastic breast surgery.
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons (Glas)
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians (Glas)
- West of Scotland Managed Clinical Network for Breast Cancer
- Scar reduction in breast implant surgery and wound healing
- Medical education and surgical training
DeclarationMr Ben Chew works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
Mr Ben Chew does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ben Chew does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ben Chew does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.