- Specialities Body Contouring, Cosmetic Breast Surgery
- Telephone Freephone 0800 616 267
- Year of first qualification 1995
- GMC Number 4184674
- Website http://confidencecosmetic.com
- Fax 0141 339 1352
A Glasgow graduate, Professor Hart trained in Canniesburn, Manchester, London, and Leeds (British Society for Surgery of the Hand accredited interface training). He received an MD (Honours) for peripheral nerve and tissue engineering research, which was further advanced during a PhD from Umeå University, Sweden. As trainees association president he was invited onto BAPRAS Council, and remains in the strategy group.
After working in Auckland he is now a Consultant Plastic and Hand Surgeon at the renowned Canniesburn Plastic Surgery Unit in Glasgow, and in the Scottish Brachial Plexus Service. Maintaining scientific activity he is Deputy Editor of JPRAS, Europe's leading reconstructive and aesthetic surgical journal, and an Honorary Senior Research Associate in Umeå and Glasgow Universities. Publications include medical and medicolegal book chapters, invited reviews, and numerous peer-review articles, national and international presentations.
Professor Hart specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital:
- Weekly Wednesday AM
- Consultant Hand and Plastic Surgeon, Canniesburn Department of Plastic Surgery, Glasgow Royal Infirmary
- Consultant Hand and Plastic Surgeon, Ayr Hospital
- Consultant Hand and Plastic Surgeon Scottish Brachial Plexus Service
- Cosmetic surgery
- Hand surgery (excluding wrist)
- Brachial plexus surgery
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand
Research interests include peripheral nerve injury, neuroprotection and tissue engineering/regenerative medicine, including application in adult & obstetric brachial plexus injury. Microsurgery reconstruction including novel free / pedicled flaps, perforator flaps, breast reconstruction by autologous latissimus dorsi flap reconstruction, and free functional muscle transfer. Flap reconstruction of the axilla after hidradenitis. Complex hand and upper limb reconstruction.
Professor Andrew Hart does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Andrew Hart does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Andrew Hart does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.