At Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital our experienced cosmetic surgeons specialise in abdominoplasty, (better known as 'tummy tuck' surgery). With us you will receive the individual attention you need and deserve, encouraging great patient outcomes.
Why choose Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital for your tummy tuck surgery?
Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital boasts a range of cosmetic surgeons who carry a wealth of experience in tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty). We believe undergoing any form of cosmetic surgery is a serious decision, thats why any patient at Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital must have a full consultation with one of our cosmetic surgeons before going through with surgery.
During a consultation with one of our cosmetic surgeons, you will be provided with expert advice and a treatment plan completely tailored to you. By choosing to have surgery with us, you can rest assured that you will be in the best possible hands from your initial consultation right through to your aftercare.
Did you know Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital was the first Nuffield establishment to open in the UK? It's legacy, customer service and exemplary patient satisfaction has set the bar high for other Nuffield Health Hospitals across the country to follow.
If you are unsure whether tummy tuck surgery is right for you, come along to one of our free cosmetic open events. Here you will get the opportunity to meet one of our cosmetic surgeons and ask any questions you may have to help you make an informed decision.
Is a tummy tuck procedure right for me?
- You are most likely to benefit from a tummy tuck if you are self-conscious about what your abdomen looks like
- This is sometimes because the skin of the abdomen does not shrink back after pregnancy or after losing a lot of weight
- This procedure is not appropriate for people who are over weight or as an attempt to lose weight
- Your surgeon in Bournemouth will carry out a thorough assessment before deciding if surgery is suitable for you
- The operation is performed under a general anaesthetic and usually takes between 2 - 5 hours.
The different surgical options available:
- Full abdominoplasty - is suitable if you have a lot of excess skin. Your surgeon will make a curved cut from one hip to the other. They will remove any excess skin and fat. Your surgeon will then cut under the skin above your umbilicus (belly button), pulling it downwards and tightening it. Sometimes they will need to reconstruct your umbilicus and tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall
- Mini abdominoplasty - is suitable if you only have a little excess skin. Your surgeon will only need to make a small cut just above the pubic area to remove the excess skin
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty - is suitable if you only need to have the muscles of your abdominal wall tightened. Your surgeon will make small cuts and use special surgical instruments to tighten the muscles.
Going home after having an abdominoplasty at Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital
- The length of your hospital stay depends on which procedure is performed
- With full abdominoplasty you should be able to go home after 2 - 3 days
- You may have dressings and drains (plastic tubes) coming out of both sides of your abdomen
- The drains area usually removed before you leave hospital
- You will be given post-operative pain killers
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within 6 weeks
- We recommend discussing returning to work with your surgeon
- The results of an abdominoplasty improve gradually over the first 6 months
- To achieve the best outcome patients should maintain a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities. However, although rare, as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Developing a swelling
- Numbness or persistent pain
- Cosmetic problems.
Tummy tuck surgery costs
The cost of tummy tuck surgery may be more affordable than you think. Our prices are inclusive of all costs and have no hidden surprises. You have the option to pay for your procedure as a one off payment or if preferred, you may be eligible for an interest free loan.
We are confident that the price for your treatment at Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital will be competitive and we are proud to deliver outstanding clinical care at a fair price.
67 Lansdowne Road, Bournemouth, BH1 1RW
Ways to pay
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of your treatment with a 6, 10 or 12 month 0% personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more