Mr Sawyer was appointed as Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive surgeon in Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust in 2017 and an honorary consultant at Southampton General Hospital. His undergraduate training was undertaken at Guys & St Thomas’s Hospital in London.
He completed an MSc in surgical science at Imperial College London and a medical law degree from De Montfort Law school in 2007. He was awarded the FRCS (Plast) in 2014 and became a Fellow of the European board of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgeons in 2015.
In the NHS he is a cleft lip and palate surgeon, having fellowships at the Evelina Children’s Hospital, St Thomas Hospital & Great Ormond Street hospital. He also spent time on fellowship overseas fellowships in Olso, Texas & Toronto. Within the NHS he also performs laser skin surgery having completed the ‘Therapeutic use of Laser’ training interface fellowship in Swansea, Wales.
He is experienced in all type of skin lesion surgery having completed training through the Oxford Deanery programme.
He has wide experience of cosmetic surgery having completed 2 fellowships the first at the The London Clinic. This was followed by the prestigious British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) fellowship in Southern England.
- Friday pm
- Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust
- Southampton General Hospital
- University Hospital John Radcliffe
- Oxford Universities Hospitals
Botox treatment of excessive sweating
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCS)
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Craniofacial Society of Great Britain and Ireland (CFSGBI)
- Fellow of the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgeons (FEBOPRAS)
Sawyer AR et al. Does Staging Computered Tomography Change Management in Thick Malignant Melanoma? JPRAS (2009) 62(4): 453-6