Skip the wait and get rapid access to a private cervical smear test provided by our expert gynaecologists at Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital.
Why choose Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital for your cervical smear test?
At Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital our experienced gynaecologists offer you rapid access to cervical smear tests. If you are a woman and aged between 24 and 64 years, we recommend you undertake regular smear testing. Having a smear test can provide the reassurance you need or detect any potential abnormalities in your cervix that may be of concern.
Like any diagnostic procedure, detecting any cell abnormalities early on can greatly increase your chances of surviving a developing cancer. Don't worry though, abnormal results are often nothing to worry about and on average 1 out of 20 tests show mild changes.
Abnormal results rarely means that cancer has developed. Our expert consultant gynaecologists in Bournemouth understand your concerns around receiving an abnormal result. They will conduct a thorough examination and advise you if any follow-up procedures are needed.
What happens during a cervical smear test?
- A cervical smear tests takes approximately 5 minutes to perform
- A speculum is inserted in your vagina to gently hold it open
- A nurse or doctor will use a small brush to take a sample of some cells on your cervix
- This sample will be sent to a laboratory for examination under a microscope
- At Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital we use liquid based cytology for our cervical smear tests
- This has several advantages over the traditional smear test as there is a reduction in inadequate rates (insufficient material to analyse accurately) – a considerable benefit in reducing the need for repeat smears
- All smears are double-read in our laboratory.
If you would like to book a cervical smear test or find out more information, please contact our women's health experts in Bournemouth by giving us a call or filling out the form above.
67 Lansdowne Road, Bournemouth, BH1 1RW
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more