- Specialities Gynaecology, Key Hole Surgery, Laparoscopy, Oncology, Women's Health
- Telephone 01202 296 025
- Year of first qualification 2004
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 6098574
- Fax 01202 558 133
Mr Lippiatt is a consultant Gynaecologist and Gynaecological Oncologist. He completed the general training programme in Obstetrics & Gynaecology and then did a further two years subspecialising in gynaecological cancer.
His training was largely at the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff; during which time he was also appointed as a clinical lecturer for Cardiff University and obtained a Doctorate of Medicine for his research into HPV and cervical disease. Mr Lippiatt was the first British subspecialty trainee to undergo a robotic surgery training fellowship at the Royal Surrey County Hospital.
In his first year as a consultant at Poole Hospital Mr Lippiatt has set up an advanced laparoscopy service to treat endometrial and cervical cancer. This has meant less pain, quicker recovery and far shorter length of stay in hospital. He hopes to improve this even further with the introduction of a robotic surgery service to the women of Dorset and the surrounding area.
- By appointment only
- Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist at Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Chair of the Dorset Gynaecology at Cancer Network MDT
- Gynaecological cancers
- Abnormal smears and Colposcopy (examination of cervix and vagina)
- Robotic surgery
- Advanced laparoscopic ("keyhole") procedures
- Ovarian cyts
- Ovarian cancer screening
- Risk-reducing surgery.
Playing and watching most sports and spending time with family.
- Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
- British Society of Colposcopists and Cervical Pathology
- British Gynaecological Cancer Society
- British & Irish Association of Robotic Gynaecologists
- Society of European Robotic Gynaecological Surgery
- European Society of Gynaecological Oncology
Mr Lippiatt's research degree (MD) was awarded for his work into identifying markers of high-risk precancerous cervical disease in women with only mild changes on their smear. He has presented this and other projects at a number of national and international conferences.
Mr Lippiatt has published papers in both British and American gynaecological peer-reviewed journals. His most recent research involves the use of the Da Vinci robot in gynaecological cancer surgery.
DeclarationMr Jonathan Lippiatt works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Jonathan Lippiatt does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jonathan Lippiatt does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jonathan Lippiatt does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.