Mr Rashid is the only keratorefactive surgeon in Dorset who is fellowship trained in Cornea, Complex Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
He studied Medicine at the University of Liverpool and graduated with prizes and Distinction in 2004. Subsequently, he underwent specialist training in ophthalmology at major eye centres around the UK, with extensive subspecialist training in cornea and cataract surgery, and external eye disease.
Mr Rashid has undertaken several postgraduate fellowships in cornea, cataract and refractive surgery, and has won prizes for presentations at national refractive surgery meetings.
He completed a refractive surgery fellowship under the world-renowned refractive surgeon, Sheraz Daya, at the Centre for Sight, and then two further fellowships in cornea, complex cataract and refractive surgery at the University Hospital of Southampton NHS Trust and the pioneering CorneoPlastic Unit at the Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, East Grinstead, respectively.
Mr Rashid has considerable experience in the use of multifocal, extended depth of focus and toric intraocular lenses, and a variety of corneal transplantation techniques. He is also the regional expert in external eye disease and dry eye disorders. Mr Rashid specialises in corneal transplant, corneal ulcers and infections as well as cataracts and undertakes Oculoplastic Surgery at Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital.
He regularly attends cataract and refractive surgery meetings to develop the services that he provides to his clients.
Mr Rashid's main interests include:
• All aspects of general ophthalmology
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Mohammed S Rashid at Nuffield Health
- Cataract Surgery
- Fellow Royal College of Opthalmologists
- United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- British Society for Refractive Surgery
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- The Medical Contact Lens and Ocular Surface Association
- European Society of Ocular and Surface Disease Specialists
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
Other post held
- Consultant Opthalmologist, Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital
- Consultant Opthalmologist, The Royal Bournemouth Hospital
- Consultant Lead for Cornea Service, The Royal Bournemouth Hospital
- Consultant Lead in Ophthalmology for the Clinical Effectiveness and Audit Group, The Royal Bournemouth Hospital
- Consultant Lead for the National Ophthalmology Database, The Royal Bournemouth Hospital
Mr Mohammed S Rashid does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Mohammed S Rashid does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Mohammed S Rashid does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.