Private GP service in Bournemouth
Struggling to schedule a visit to your GP? At Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital, we offer convenient appointment times, with minimal waiting for referrals and investigations.
When you’re busy, trying to juggle home, work and family, we understand it is important to be able to access a doctor and other medical services rapidly and at a time convenient for you. Don't worry, Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital has established a perfect solution.
Our efficient private GP service has been designed to fit in with your busy lifestyle, offering daily appointment times, Monday to Saturday, as well as home visits.
- Monday - Saturday, 09:00 - 19:00. Exact clinic times vary by day
- 20-minute consultations
- Same-day appointments sometimes available
- Home visits by prior arrangement
- Available to anybody. Those under 18 should be accompanied by a parent/guardian
- No need to be registered with an NHS GP.
Our GPs offer a wide range of services, including women’s and men's health and advice on minor illnesses. If further investigations are required we can request blood tests, imaging, referrals, and provide private prescriptions. Please be aware that these may involve additional charges.
Conditions and treatments offered
- GP consultations of 20 minutes
- Home visit by prior arrangement
- Private prescriptions
- Referrals to private consultants and specialists – same day, if needed urgently
- Cervical screening
- Ear syringing
- Electrocardiograms (ECGs)
- Wound dressing
- Sports Medicine certificate - Please make enquiries beforehand by sending us the required certificate and we will do our best to complete most
- Flu vaccination clinics
- Travel clinics with yellow fever
- Prostate health
- Vaccinations including HPV, shingles and meningitis
- Medical assessments
- Health assessments
Services not offered
- Emergency or out of hours care – please call the NHS 111 or 999
- Minor surgery
- Issue of Sick certificates
- Chronic condition monitoring and repeat medications, this is best done with your regular NHS GP Practice
- Consultations relating to pregnancy problems
Who are our GPs?
Dr Alison Gardiner leads a team of experienced GPs who are ready to see you when you require.
Contact our GP service in Bournemouth
Email us or request a call back
A member of the team will respond to you soon.