Cardiac services in Bournemouth
The heart clinic at Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital provides rapid access to a wide range of cardiology services.
Give us a call
The Nuffield Health Bournemouth Heart Clinic is delighted to offer a dedicated cardiology service for the assessment and treatment of cardiovascular disease. This brand new, state-of-the-art centre offers first class healthcare from top cardiologists to private patients in a safe and caring environment.
The clinic provides a first class service led by a team of very experienced and well respected consultant cardiologists from Dorset and the surrounding areas.
They are supported by a team of physiologists, radiographers, nurses and cardiac recovery staff.
Services we offer
Our range of diagnostic investigations and interventional procedures includes:
- Out-patients consultations with a consultant cardiologist
- Transoesophageal Echocardiography
- Ambulatory ECG and blood pressure monitoring
- Instant check recorder
- Exercise ECG stress testing (treadmill)
- Cardiac CT
- Cardiac MRI
- Cardiac Assessment Programme
- CPET – Cardio Pulmonary Exercise Testing
Invasive cardiac testing is performed in our interventional suite.
This state-of-the-art facility is able to provide the following:
- Coronary angiography
- IVU’S – intravascular ultrasound
- Pressure wire assessment of coronary arteries
- Coronary angioplasty/coronary stenting
- Implantable loop recorders
- Implantable pacemakers and follow up service
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD)
- Cardiac resynchronisation therapy (CRT) pacemaker/device follow up
- OCT – Optical Coherence Tomography
- Direct current cardioversion
- Electrophysiology Procedures ie. E.P studies
- Ablation procedures