- Specialities Infectious Disease, General (Internal) Medicine, General Medicine
- Telephone 01273 627 007 (Brighton enquiries) 01273 627056 (Medical Secretary
- Year of first qualification 1989
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
English and some French and German.
- GMC Number 3322242
- Fax 01273 627 050
Dr Agranoff specialises in all areas of infectious disease including tropical and parasitic infections, travel medicine, gastroenteritis, Lyme disease and other tick-borne infections, tuberculosis, skin and soft tissue infections, chronic bone infections. He also has extensive experience in General Internal Medicine.
Dr Agranoff studied Medicine at Cambridge University and Guy’s Hospital Medical School. He undertook postgraduate training in Infectious Diseases and General Internal Medicine at St George’s Hospital London, the Hospital for Tropical Diseases, London and Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio.
He was first appointed as a Consultant in Infectious Diseases and GiM at St George’s in 2002 and between 2004 and 2010 worked at Imperial College, London and at the Hammersmith Hospital as a Senior Lecturer and Consultant in Infectious Diseases.
- Regional Training Programme Director for Infectious Diseases and Microbiology
- Royal College of Physicians College Tutor
- Royal College of Physicians PACES examiner
- By appointment
- Consultant in Infectious Diseases and Acute Internal Medicine at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Tropical infections
- Travel Medicine
Dan is a keen musician and plays viola with the European Doctors Orchestra. He is an enthusiastic mountaineer and loves spending time, on and off mountains, with his wife and three sons.
- British Infection Association
- European Society for Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
Dr Agranoff has held Medical Research Council and Wellcome Trust Research Fellowships and has undertaken post-doctoral research at St George’s University of London and at Imperial College working on tuberculosis and novel diagnostics in the UK, USA, Ghana and Peru. He has published in many peer-reviewed journals including The Lancet, Journal of Experimental Medicine , PloS One etc. More recently he has been involved in multi-centre studies on sepsis and encephalitis.
DeclarationDr Dan Agranoff works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
Dr Dan Agranoff does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Dan Agranoff does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Dan Agranoff does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.