Prostate cancer services at Brighton Hospital
At Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital, our team of specialist male cancer consultants has expertise in diagnosing and treating prostate cancer.
Why should you get screened for prostate cancer?
- Prostate cancer causes 10,000 deaths in the UK each year.
- Every year nearly 35,000 cases of prostate cancer are diagnosed in the UK.
- Most men diagnosed with prostate cancer are over 50.
Why choose Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital?
We can see you quickly and, using our state-of-the-art equipment, your specialist consultant will be able to provide the most accurate diagnosis.
We pride ourselves on giving tailored care in a welcoming and reassuring environment. Whatever prostate treatment you need, you'll always see the same consultant.
Come and see us at Brighton Hospital for a check-up if you:
- have lower back pain
- feel pain in the hips or pelvis
- have any of the urine-related symptoms.
See how patients like Tom have benefitted from Nuffield Health's Prostate Cancer services.
Diagnosis and treatment
The right diagnosis is vital in enabling us to advise the best possible treatment.
Tests that we use to check for prostate cancer include:
- Prostate screening
- A prostate-specific antigen (PSA) blood test to help diagnose and manage prostate problems.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computerised tomography (CT), both of which can look at the prostate in detail.
Among the treatments we can offer for prostate cancer are:
- Prostate surgery - A procedure that involves reducing the size of the prostate gland.
- Radical prostatectomy - This is the removal of the entire prostate gland and is carried out for patients with confined prostate cancer.
- Cryotherapy - Aims to get rid of prostate cancer by actually freezing the prostate cells.