Sardine pâté to take the edge off PMS
- 1 can of sardines (with bones) in olive oil
- 2 tbsps organic natural yoghurt
- 1 dessertspoon of finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp chopped capers
- 1 tbsp parsley or chives
- Lemon juice and black pepper to taste
- Remove the sardines from the oil and break them up with the back of a fork
- Stir in the other ingredients and check whether you need more lemon juice and/or black pepper
- Serve with a big green salad and some oatcakes
Omega-3 and calcium have been found in studies to reduce symptoms of PMS. Eating sardines (a good source of protein) alongside salad and oat cakes (good sources of fibre) will help to balance blood sugar levels, helping to prevent the cravings and irritability associated with PMS.
Read more nutritional tips on coping with the symptoms of PMS.
Last updated Wednesday 14 September 2016
First published on Tuesday 10 May 2016