Vasectomy reversal surgery in Leeds
The Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital offers exceptional treatment facilities in the heart of Leeds. Our team of experienced consultants and nurses will support you from your initial vasectomy reversal consultation through to your full recovery. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£3,045|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our Leeds Hospital today:
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
2 Leighton Street, Leeds, LS1 3EB
Why choose Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital for my vasectomy reversal?
Our modern hospital allows us to offer the highest standards of individual care. Even though you may not need to stay overnight, you'll be given a private bedroom to rest in before and after your vasectomy reversal procedure. Family and friends are welcome to visit you - we have a Costa Coffee and city-view restaurant on-site. Our in-house pharmacy service is also useful if you need to take any medicine home with you.
Vasectomy reversal - the procedure:
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic.
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours.
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis.
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon in Leeds will locate the site of your vasectomy.
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum.
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue.
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together.
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you (or book our executive car service).
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team.
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery.
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery.
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.