Mr Harris graduated in medicine (MB ChB) from the University of Leeds in 1995. He then spent several years in the Army and served as Regimental Medical Officer to The Light Dragoons, where he served on operational tours in Northern Ireland and Bosnia. Following initial surgical training in the Portsmouth area he became a Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, in 2001.
Mr Harris was subsequently awarded a higher research degree (MD) for research into intravesical chemotherapy for bladder cancer. He then joined the South West Specialist Registrar training programme in urology, where he was trained in general urology and developed his interests in female and reconstructive urology.
Mr Harris received his Certificate of Completion of Surgical Training (CCT) in Urology and was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) in 2007.
Mr Harris specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary tract infections & bladder pain syndromes
- Prostate surgery (including the Urolift procedure)
- Vasectomy & vasectomy reversal
- Sexual and erectile problems
- General urology
Neil has a large medico-legal practice. He acts as an expert witness for Claimants and Defendants in clinical negligence, criminal and personal injury cases. He also provides expert opinion to the General Medical Council (GMC).
Neil has three children and lives in Adel. He enjoys travel, keeping fit and skiing (whenever possible!)
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Neil Harris at Nuffield Health
- Reconstructive surgery
- Vasectomy reversal
- Prostate screening
- Prostatic Urethral Lift
- Excision vaginal lumps
- Nerve blocks
- Testicular ultrasound
- Pelvic floor repair
- Prostate surgery
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Epididymal surgery
- Female urology
- Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
- Prostate resection (TURP)
- Penile lesions (biopsy of)
- Vasectomy or male sterilisation
Mr Harris has numerous peer-reviewed publications and has made over 30 presentations at national and international scientific meetings
His research interests include:
- Quality of life issues following pelvic floor surgery
- Use of the artificial urinary sphincter
- Sacral neuromodulation for refractory bladder dysfunction
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- European Association of Urology
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of England
Other post held
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Honorary Senior Lecturer in Urology, University of Leeds
Insurers Mr Neil Harris works with
Mr Neil Harris works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Neil Harris does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Neil Harris does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Neil Harris does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.