What’s the paediatric (childrens') service like at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital?
We’ve gathered our quarterly feedback from paediatric patients, parents and carers.
The team at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital understand getting hospital treatment for your child can be a worrying time. We want to make sure we do all we can to support parents and carers every step of the way.
One of the ways we make sure we are doing things right: we give parents and carers a specialised questionnaire to complete after their child has had treatment with us. We use the feedback and results to shape our paediatric service, making sure it is the best is can be. Here’s the latest results from the second quarter of 2021:
Feedback from parents and carers.
- 95% respondents selecting ‘yes’ when asked ‘Would you recommend Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital to friends and family.’
- They rated their initial enquiry as ‘very good’ or ‘good.’
- Pre-op assessment was rated on average as ‘very good.'
- Arrival, welcome and admission was rated as ’very good’ or ‘good.’
- If parents/carers or their child had any worries or fears, 100% replied there was a member of staff they talked to about them.
Some comments included:
“Extremely attentive, explained everything in detail, happy to answer all questions, excellent care and treatment.”
“The care and support my daughter and myself received was outstanding!”
“With the consultant - it was an open environment - no question was silly and I was kept informed. The answers given reassured me/my child.”
Children have their say too.
We also issue children and young people an age-appropriate questionnaire to complete after their stay with us. These cover everything from whether they felt they informed and prepared coming into hospital, how their pain was managed and also, whether they enjoyed the food on our children’s menu.
- All respondents selecting ‘yes’ when asked "Would you recommend Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital to friends and family."
- All felt they were informed and prepared coming into hospital. Once here, they felt they knew what was going on and staff introduced themselves. If they were experiencing pain, it was well managed.
- All our paediatric patients questioned enjoyed the food (especially the chicken strips!)
Some comments included:
“The doctor was really clear and made it easy to understand.”
“Everyone was friendly and helpful.”
“It was organised and I was advised what would happen next. Emma was great – I felt safe.”
“The nurse helped keep me distracted whilst my cannula was being inserted.”
“My diagnosis was explained to me, I understood it all and why I was ill. I was nervous, but they were kind and patient.”
What do we do with the results?
We feedback to our teams, our consultants and discuss the results in our dedicated Customer Focus Group meeting.
This has representatives from every department – sharing best practice and implementing an action plan if and where it’s needed. Our hospital is rated 'Outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission and this is just one of the many measures we put in place to ensure patients, are at the heart of our care.
If you like to book your child in for an appointment with one of our paediatric consultants, please call the team during office hours on: 0113 388 2067.