Are you looking to enhance the appearance of your stomach following pregnancy or weight loss? At Nuffield Health Derby Hospital, our leading cosmetic surgeons specialise in tummy tuck procedures and are here to help!
Get rapid access to tummy tuck surgery at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital
At Nuffield Health Derby Hospital our expert cosmetic surgeons excel in tummy tuck surgery which helps tighten your stomach following significant weight loss and pregnancy. Our cosmetic consultants have built an exceptional reputation in Derbyshire for their successful outcomes from surgery and are able to provide you with a treatment plan which has been personalised to you.
Set in beautiful grounds and situated three miles south-west of Derby's city centre off the A38, Nuffield Health Derby Hospital provides the local community with first-class cosmetic care. Our hospital is set in a relaxed and modern environment where you will be thoroughly looked after by a qualified cosmetic surgeon and our dedicated matron-led nursing team, from your initial consultation, right through to your surgery and aftercare.
Your recovery period will play an important role in the long-term success of the tummy tuck procedure, which is why your package includes any aftercare that your consultant approves.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital
If you are considering tummy tuck surgery and want to progress to the next stage of your treatment journey, you will need to book an initial consultation with a cosmetic surgeon to discuss your treatment options. You can even attend one of our free cosmetic surgery open events to learn more about the procedure you are interested in.
To book, please call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01332 540 100. Alternatively, if you fill out a contact form above, a member of our enquiry team will get back to you at a more convenient time.
Is a tummy tuck procedure right for me?
- You are most likely to benefit from a tummy tuck if you are self-conscious about what your abdomen looks like
- This is sometimes because the skin of the abdomen does not shrink back after pregnancy or after losing a lot of weight
- This procedure is not appropriate for people who are overweight or as an attempt to lose weight
- Your surgeon in Derby will carry out a thorough assessment before deciding if surgery is suitable for you
- The operation is performed under a general anaesthetic and usually takes between 2 - 5 hours.
The different surgical options available:
- Full abdominoplasty - is suitable if you have a lot of excess skin. Your surgeon will make a curved cut from one hip to the other. They will remove any excess skin and fat. Your surgeon will then cut under the skin above your umbilicus (belly button), pulling it downwards and tightening it. Sometimes they will need to reconstruct your umbilicus and tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall
- Mini abdominoplasty - is suitable if you only have a little excess skin. Your surgeon will only need to make a small cut just above the pubic area to remove the excess skin
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty - is suitable if you only need to have the muscles of your abdominal wall tightened. Your surgeon will make small cuts and use special surgical instruments to tighten the muscles.
Going home after your abdominoplasty procedure
- The length of your hospital stay depends on which procedure is performed
- With full abdominoplasty, you should be able to go home after 2 - 3 days
- You may have dressings and drains (plastic tubes) coming out of both sides of your abdomen
- The drains are usually removed before you leave hospital
- You will be given post-operative painkillers
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within 6 weeks
- We recommend discussing returning to work with your surgeon
- The results of an abdominoplasty improve gradually over the first 6 months
- To achieve the best outcome patients should maintain a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities. However, although rare, as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Developing a swelling
- Numbness or persistent pain
- Cosmetic problems.
Tummy tuck surgery costs
The cost of tummy tuck surgery may be more affordable than you think. Our prices are inclusive of all costs and have no hidden surprises. You have the option to pay for your procedure as a one-off payment or if preferred, you may be eligible for an interest-free loan.
We are confident that the price for your treatment at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital will be competitive and we are proud to deliver outstanding clinical care at a fair price.
Rykneld Road, Derby, DE23 4SN
|Initial consultation||from £195|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£9,000|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more