Private GP service in Derby
Struggling to get an appointment with your local GP? At Nuffield Health Derby Hospital, we offer a convenient evening GP service so that you can fit an appointment around your working day.
Book a GP appointment
Our friendly private GP service in Derby offers expertise and convenience that enables you to receive the help and advice you need.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 18:45 to 20:00
- 30 minute consultations
- Same-day appointments sometimes available
- Available to anybody over the age of 18
- No need to be registered with an NHS GP
Meet our private GP Dr Tarun Sharma who is experienced in all aspects of medicine and has a variety of special interests to cater for most medical needs. His aim to provide a personal ‘one stop’ service from diagnosis to treatment.
We will ensure you receive a speedy appointment and one of the advantages of being based within a hospital is that we can arrange for investigations such as blood tests, x-rays and scans to be done at the time of consultation with the GP or at a time to suit you.
We can also ensure rapid referral to any one of the wide range of specialists that consult at the hospital if needed.
Conditions and treatments offered
- GP consultations of 30 minutes
- Private prescriptions
- Referrals to private consultants and specialists – same day, if needed urgently
- Sports Medicine certificate - Please make enquiries beforehand by sending us the required certificate and we will do our best to complete most.
Services we do not provide
- Emergency or out of hours care – please call the NHS 111 or 999
- Minor surgery
- GP home visiting service
- Issue of Sick certificates
- Chronic condition monitoring and repeat medications, this is best done with your regular NHS GP Practice
- Consultations for those under the age of 18
- Consultations relating to pregnancy problems
- Prescriptions for controlled drugs
- Contraceptive Coils and implant service.