Liposuction treatment in Derby
Are you struggling to lose weight, even after conventional dieting and exercise? At Nuffield Health Derby Hospital our experienced cosmetic surgeons can help budge your stubborn fat through liposuction treatment which can be applied to numerous areas of the body. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £195|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£2,900|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our cosmetic surgery experts in Derby
Fill out a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Rykneld Road, Derby, DE23 4SN
How can liposuction treatment at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital help you?
At Nuffield Health Derby Hospital our expert cosmetic surgeons can provide you with the individual care and attention you need and deserve, delivering a personalised treatment plan for your liposuction procedure. We are able to perform liposuction to help patients lose that stubborn fat which doesn't seem to budge after conventional dieting and exercise.
One of our cosmetic consultants will be with you throughout your treatment journey, from your initial consultation right through to any aftercare needed. You can rest assured that you are in the best possible hands for your treatment.
If you are unsure about liposuction or whether the procedure is right for you, feel free to attend one of our complimentary cosmetic surgery open events at our hospital in Derbyshire. Here you will get the opportunity to meet with one of our cosmetic surgeons, ask any questions and learn more about liposuction treatment in general.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital
If you are interested in liposuction and want to take the next step in your treatment journey, please contact our dedicated hospital enquiry team to book an initial consultation with one of our cosmetic surgeons.
To book, simply call our friendly enquiry team on 01332 540100 or fill out a contact form above and we will get back to you at a more convenient time.
Which areas of the body can be treated with liposuction?
Liposuction is commonly used to treat patients who are near normal weight and have firm elastic skin. It is important to understand that it is not a substitution for weight loss. Common areas treated are:
- Upper arms
- Male breasts.
What happens during liposuction?
- Your consultant will assess your health, skin quality and the amount of fat to be removed before talking you through what approach should be employed
- Various types of anaesthesia are used during liposuction treatment
- If only small areas of fat are to be removed you may have local anaesthetic
- More extensive surgery may require a general anaesthetic (you will be put to sleep)
- The length of your liposuction procedure will depend on the amount of fat being removed
- Your surgeon will make a small incision in the skin
- Using a thin, hollow tube they will break up the fat cells beneath the skin surface and remove them with a special suction or vacuum. Several incisions may be required for larger areas
- Any incisions will be stitched at the end of the procedure
- The area will be bandaged for support.
Recovering from liposuction
- Depending on the extent of your surgery, you may be able to have the procedure as a day case
- You will need pain relief medication once the anaesthesia wears off
- You may need to wear an elastic support garment for two to six weeks after surgery
- Remember to ask a friend or relative to drive you home
- You will need to have your stitches removed five to ten days following your liposuction surgery
- You may need to take one to two weeks off work depending on the extent of your surgery
- For the first few weeks you will need to rest and avoid any strenuous activity
- Once the swelling has decreased you will notice a difference in your body contour
- However it may take up to six months to the area to settle down completely.
Stages of recovery from liposuction (please note this is only a guide)
- Except when bathing an elastic support garment must be worn day and night around the operation site (does not apply to facial surgery).
- Walking may be uncomfortable if your procedure was in the lower part of your body
- Gradually increase your activity.
- Any stitches or staples are removed.
- Return to work if approved by your surgeon.
- Normal activity level resumed
- You may need to continue to wear support garment.
- You no longer need to wear support garment.
- It can take 6 months for any swelling to disappear
- You may feel some numbness in the area.
- Final result can be judged, as long as your weight has remained stable.
The results of liposuction appear gradually and will differ for everybody before swelling and bruising subside. The overall appearance will be visible within two to three weeks and most of the remaining swelling will have gone within six to 12 weeks. However, your shape will continue to improve over the next six months to a year, as long as your weight is stable
Are there complications with liposuction?
Every surgical procedure has a chance of complications arising. And like any other surgical treatments, be sure and discuss any concerns you might have about the associated risks with your consultant surgeon.
Specific complications of liposuction (although rare) could include:
- Stiffness and pain
- Unusual sensations
- Fine thread veins.
Worried about how people might react to your new look after cosmetic surgery? Here are eight helpful tips on how to step back into the world with confidence.