At Nuffield Health Derby Hospital, our team of vascular consultants specialise in foam sclerotherapy treatment for varicose veins. If you are suffering with bulging and unsightly varicose veins please get in touch.
Why choose Nuffield Health Derby Hospital for your foam sclerotherapy?
We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional standards of private healthcare. Using the latest medical technology allows our dedicated team of consultants in Derby to remove varicose veins. Your consultant will be with you throughout your treatment journey at Nuffield Health, from consultation to a full recovery.
Conveniently located south-west of Derby city centre, we offer free parking for both patients and your visitors. Our team of nurses and staff will make sure you're comfortable and informed throughout your stay.
What happens during foam sclerotherapy surgery?
- Foam sclerotherapy is usually carried out under local anaesthetic
- It is carried out as a day case, meaning you can return home the same day
- A solution is mixed with air creating a foam
- Your vascular surgeon will inject this foam into the affected vein
- If your vein is very deep, your surgeon may use ultrasound to guide the injection into the correct area.
After foam sclerotherapy surgery
- The foam begins to react immediately with the vein wall
- It causes inflammation within the vein and pushes out any blood in the area
- The walls of the vein become sticky and eventually close off the vein
- Over several weeks or months, your varicose vein will shrink and disappear
- Immediately after the injection, our healthcare team will apply a pressure bandage to your leg
- This is to ensure the walls of the vein are held together and prevents blood from seeping back into the vein
- You will need to keep any pressure bandages in place for 12-24 hours following your procedure
- You will also need to wear compression stockings for 3-4 weeks
- Your leg may be sore for a few days following foam sclerotherapy
- You should remain mobile during your recovery - walking each day
- Try to avoid long periods of standing, kneeling, squatting, bending or strenuous exercise for 4-6 weeks
- Elevate your leg when sitting for any length of time.
Most people are pleased with the results of their foam sclerotherapy. As with any procedure there could be complications:
- Blood clots
Specific complications from foam sclerotherapy may include:
- Discolouration of the skin
- Lumps under the skin
- Inflammation across the vein site
- Temporary vision problems
- Injections need to be repeated.
Other popular and effective varicose veins treatment available at our Derby Hospital include:
Rykneld Road, Derby, DE23 4SN
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more