Nuffy Bear Day Nursery at Wandsworth Fitness & Wellbeing Gym
Looking for an Ofsted registered Day Nursery? Nuffy Bear Day Nursery in Wandsworth offers experienced and qualified staff dedicated to supporting your child’s learning & development.
Nuffy Bear Day Nurseries remain open from 8.30am- 4.30pm for children of key workers only. We’ve made the difficult decision to close our nursery to all non-critical workers' children. This is not an easy decision, but we’re doing this to follow government advice and to protect the children under our care, as well as our gym members, employees and local communities.
We’ll freeze all payments for full-time nursery places and we’ll reschedule all part-time nursery sessions, which can be used at a future date. You’re entitled to ask for a refund, but if you choose not to ask for one you’ll be helping us to continue to pay our care staff.
Please see our FAQs page for further information or contact your club if you have any questions.
Nuffy Bear Children's Day Nursery in Wandsworth
Our Nuffield Health Children's Day Nursery opened in May 2000 and is located in a residential area of Wandsworth. We operate from 2 semi open plan, fully equipped ground floor rooms on the site of our Fitness & Wellbeing gym, (with facilities for the disabled).
We are open each weekday between 08:00 - 18:00, 51 weeks of the year, (excluding Bank Holidays).
We also offer part-time nursery sessions: 08:00 - 13:00; 13:00 - 18:00 and 09:00 - 16:00. However this service is at the discretion of our nursery manager, and is subject to staff availability.
Come and have a look around our children's nursery
Are you interested in using our Nuffy Bear Day Nursery in Wandsworth? Then why not come and meet our dedicated staff and see our great facilities? We run tours of the nursery Monday to Friday, excluding 12:00 - 14:00 when the children are having lunch. Simply give us a call or fill out the adjacent enquiry webform.
Nuffy Bear Day Nursery (Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Gym)
King Georges Sports Ground
Nuffy Bear Day Nursery in Wandsworth links:
- Duckling Room - 12 weeks to 2 years
- Dolphin's Room - 2 years to 5 years
- Our nursery fees
- Our staff
- Settling in period
Health & safety at our nursery
Health and safety is a fundamental part of our day nursery - We believe if children are safe, healthy and happy in their environment then they are more likely to reach their full potential.
We take very seriously our duty to safeguard and promote the health and welfare of all the children in our care. This commitment is reflected in our policies for Child Sun Protection and Medicine and Sickness.
Nuffy Bear Day Nursery, Wandsworth: What we offer:
- Children in the 3 - 5 years age group are offered swimming lessons within our Wandsworth gym
- Children in the Dolphin room take part in weekly French lessons.
- Our nursery is registered to care for a maximum of 24 children in the early years age range
- We have 2 rooms: 1) 'Duckling room 3 months - 2 years 2) 'Dolphin' room 2 - 5 years
- We had a refurbishment in September 2012, when we changed from a Creche to a day nursery
- Children are able to move freely around the rooms and choose activities freely or can participate in adult led activities
- All children have a named key persons allocated to them
- Observations are done on the children to enable us to provide the correct activities and resources for their development
- The parents are given feedback to encourage parent and partnership
- Our nurseries follow the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum. This includes education for children 3 months to 5 years
- The curriculum we follow prepares children for mainstream school
- Our professional enthusiastic and welcoming staff are all CRB checked
- We provide rich enabling environments, and stimulating activities
- Knowledgeable staff to support children’s learning and development
- We work in partnership with the parents and families of the children in our care
- We train our staff for the crucial role they play in supporting children’s learning and development
- Parents’ evenings are held 3 times a year to discuss your child’s progress, but the key person is always available to discuss any concerns.