Andrew Grace is a senior Clinician-Scientist who established the Eastern Region heart rhythm service which is now delivered with a large-dedicated team including 7 Consultant colleagues. He has been described by the BBC as ‘one of the country’s leading cardiologists’ (2004) and by The Lancet in their 2012 profile as a ‘leading heart rhythm specialist’. He is very experienced clinically, empathetic and effective, with a demonstrably safe practice having completed intra-cardiac catheter-based procedures over the last >30 years.
In January 2020, his Gold Clinical Excellence Award was renewed in ‘recognition of [his] sustained and dedicated contribution[s] to the National Health Service’. In 2020 he received one of the most prestigious honours in the gift of the University of Cambridge ‘marking academic contribution and rare distinction’ being made Honorary Professor.
For more information please click here
- General Cardiology
- Cardiac Arrhythmia
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Catheter Ablation
- Implantable defibrillator
Andrew has a passion for science and medicine with strengths in strategic thinking and execution that have contributed significantly to developing new transformative treatments. His research impact has coincided with, and also significantly influenced, an era of enhanced awareness of the impact of arrhythmias on health with a research programme designed at its outset both to increase biological understanding and also provide real world benefit. Patient safety has been central with knowledge arising from his University-based lab work influencing practice most prominently through drug regulation across both the UK and Europe.
- International Ambassador, American Heart Association Leadership Committee, Council on Genomic and Precision Medicine
- Member, British Heart Foundation Translational Awards Committee
- Fellow, Heart Rhythm Society (Washington DC)
- Member, Cardiac Rhythm Management Patient Safety Advisory Board, Boston Scientific Inc., Minneapolis, MN
- Ad Hoc Advisor, Commission on Human Medicines Pharmacovigiliance Expert Advisory Group (UK Government)
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
- Member, Atrial Fibrillation Association Medical Advisory Committee
- Member, Association of Physicians of Great Britain and Ireland
- Member, Commission on Human Medicines: Cardiovascular, Diabetes, Renal, Respiratory and Allergy Expert Advisory Group (EAG) (UK Government)
- Founding Fellow, American Heart Association
- Member, Sudden Adult Death Syndrome Trust Medical Advisory Committee
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Fellow, European Society of Cardiology
Other post held
- Consultant Cardiologist Royal Papworth Hospital Cambridge
Insurers Professor Andrew Grace works with
Professor Andrew Grace works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor Andrew Grace does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Andrew Grace does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Andrew Grace does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.