Mr Smith is a Consultant Ophthalmologist practicing at Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital and as an NHS Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at the West of England Eye Unit, Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital since 2008.
He attended medical school at the University of Glasgow and undertook ophthalmic training in the South West, Manchester Royal Eye Hospital and Brisbane, Australia. Experienced in cataract surgery and all aspects of general ophthalmology, Mr Smith's subspecialty interest is in glaucoma. In 2008 he completed a Fellowship in medical and surgical glaucoma at the University of Toronto, Canada.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Michael Smith at Nuffield Health
- Cataract surgery
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Glaucoma Society of UK and Ireland
- American Glaucoma Society
Other post held
- Consultant Ophthalmologist, Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital
- Consultant Ophthalmologist, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust