Gareth Brown is a Consultant Urological Surgeon based at the Royal Glamorgan Hospital, Llantrisant. Gareth undertook basic surgical and urological training in South Wales and in 2007 he was awarded an MD for research into bladder cancer. Following the completion of his urological training he then undertook advanced specialist training at the University College London Hospital, the largest Andrology unit in the UK.
Mr Gareth Brown specialises in the following urology treatments at Nuffield Health, The Vale Hospital:
Gareth is an NHS consultant with both emergency and elective sessions. He carries out diagnostic work including prostate assessment and cystoscopy and manages all core urological conditions including haematuria (blood in urine), urinary incontinence, recurrent urinary infection (cystitis) and kidney stones. Within Urology, Gareth has particular expertise in Andrology and takes referrals from multiple sites within South Wales.
His sub-specialities include:
- Male infertility including surgical sperm retrieval PESA, MESA and microsurgical TESE for ICSI
- Genital oncology including surgical treatment of cancer of the penis and testis
- Sexual dysfunction including medical and surgical treatments for erectile dysfunction (impotence)
- Ejaculatory disorders including premature ejaculation
- Testicular pain
- Peyronie’s Disease - medical and surgical treatments
- Other surgery of the penis such as circumcision, preputioplasty, frenuloplasty, penile reconstruction for balanitis xerotica obliterans and disorders of the suspensory ligament.
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Gareth Brown at Nuffield Health
- Vasectomy surgery
- British Association of Urological Surgery
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Society for Sexual Medicine
- British Medical Association
Other post held
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, Royal Glamorgan Hospital, Llantrisant
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, Cardiff University
Professor Gareth Brown does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Gareth Brown does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Gareth Brown does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.