At Nuffield Health The Vale Hospital our expert urology consultants specialise in male fertility and can provide you with rapid access to a successful vasectomy reversal procedure.
Why choose Nuffield Health The Vale Hospital for your vasectomy reversal surgery?
If you are considering the possibility of reversing a vasectomy, our expert urology consultants in South Wales are here to help. They have an exemplary track record of successful outcomes from their vasectomy reversal procedures, employing the most modern techniques in our state-of-the-art private hospital.
Nuffield Health The Vale Hospital is located near Junction 34 off the M4 to the west of Cardiff and is a 26-bed hospital, with two fully digital ultra clean air operating theatres. We are proud to exceed patient expectations with our first-class hospital facilities and spacious en-suite inpatient rooms which feature outstanding views of the surrounding countryside.
How to book a private consultation at Nuffield Health Cardiff & Vale Hospitals
If you are are considering vasectomy reversal or want advice from a men's health professional, you can discuss your treatment options with one of our urology consultants in either Cardiff or Vale by booking a private consultation via our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 02920 003998.
During a consultation you will have the opportunity to discuss all the options open to you, making sure you make the right decision. If you are wanting to become fertile again we recommend you discuss this with your partner, who is also welcome at the consultation.
Our 2 hospital locations in South Wales allow you to shape your own men's health treatment
All inpatient procedures are performed at our Vale Hospital, however patients have the flexibility to decide where their initial consultation takes place.
As well as the Vale Hospital, our urology consultants operate out of Nuffield Health Cardiff Bay Hospital for initial consultations, diagnostic imaging and pre-op tests.
Subsequently, you can choose which of our two locations you want to undertake your post surgery aftercare with.
What happens during vasectomy reversal surgery
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon at The Vale will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery in South Wales
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6 - 8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.
Cardiff Bay Hospital, Dunleavy Drive, Cardiff, CF11 0SN
The Vale Hospital, Hensol Castle Park, Vale of Glamorgan, CF72 8JX
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£3,665|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more