David is President of the British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons. He is a member of the Executive Committee of the European Society of Endocrine.
As a general surgeon Mr Scott-Coombes’practice includes cholecystectomy (mainly laparoscopic), hernia repair and local excision of lumps/bumps and evaluation of lymphadenopathy.
Endocrine surgery is his specialist interest. This includes the assessment and treatment of all thyroid and parathyroid disease, as well as investigating and treating adrenal pathology.
David is President of the European Society of Endocrine Surgeons. He continues to publish original scitntif work in peer reviewed journals and write chapters in surgical textbooks.
- Endocrine surgery
- Lymph node surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Mr David Scott-Coombes at Nuffield Health
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
Mr Scott-Coombes has published on most aspects of endocrine surgery and written chapters in leading undergraduate and postgraduate textbooks.
- British Association of Endocrine and Thyroid Surgeons
- International Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- European Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Medical Association
- British Thyroid Association
- Welsh Surgical Society
- British Association of Day Surgery
Other post held
- Consultant in Endocrine Surgery, University Hospital of Wales
Insurers Mr David Scott-Coombes works with
Mr David Scott-Coombes works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
Mr David Scott-Coombes does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr David Scott-Coombes does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr David Scott-Coombes does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.