Private GP service in Cardiff Bay
Avoid the wait and see a private GP in Cardiff quickly and easily with Nuffield Health.
Book a GP appointment
If you have a busy schedule, a private GP is the perfect way to make sure your health doesn’t get sidelined.
- 20-minute consultations - £75 for an initial appointment, double appointments are £140
- Appointments available every Tuesday evening and Thursday morning
- Available to anybody over the age of 16 (chaperones are available)
- No need to be registered with an NHS GP
Appointments are available on a Tuesday evenings and Thursday mornings at the Cardiff Bay Hospital. All appointments last 20 minutes, but you won't be rushed and can opt to arrange a double appointment of 40 minutes should you feel necessary. Our GP, Dr Sarah Morgan, will take the time to discuss your symptoms in detail. If you require specialist support, you can be referred quickly thanks to our extensive network of experienced consultants available at our hospital. Please note, cancellations must be made at least 3 hours before your appointment time. If you do not attend your appointment you will be invoiced the full appointment fee.
You can pay for yourself or some health insurance policies may cover consultation fees and investigations (please check with your insurer first). Any medicines required will be prescribed on a private prescription redeemable at any pharmacy (you will need to pay for the cost of drugs). One of the advantages of being based within the hospital is that we can usually arrange for investigations such as blood tests, x-rays and scans to be done at the time of consultation, or the following day.
Services and treatments offered
- Minor illness treatment
- Private prescriptions
- Smear tests
- Well woman checks
- Contraceptive Coils and implant service
- Prostate screening
- Diagnostic tests (including ultrasound, mammograms, CT and MRI scanning)
- Blood tests
- Referrals to private consultants and specialists
- HGV medicals
- Sports Medicine Certificate – please make enquiries beforehand by sending us the required certificate and we will do our best to complete
- General stress and anxiety management
Services we do not provide
- Emergency or out of hours care – please call the NHS 111 or 999
- Minor surgery
- GP home visiting service
- Issue of Sick certificates
- Chronic condition monitoring and repeat medications, this is best done with your regular NHS GP Practice
- Consultations for those under the age of 16
- Consultations relating to pregnancy problems
Please give us a call and speak to a friendly member of the team who can help you book an appointment.
Meet our GP
Dr Sarah Morgan MBBS DFSRH MRCGP
Dr Sarah Morgan is experienced in all aspects of medicine and has a variety of special interests to cater for most medical needs. Her aim will be to provide a personal ‘one stop’ service from diagnosis to treatment and you don’t have to be registered with an NHS GP.
Sarah qualified from St George’s hospital in London in 2000. She completed her general practice training in London and the surrounding areas, and has been working as a GP in Wales since 2004. Sarah worked as a regular NHS GP until 2016. She now works as a health assessment doctor for Nuffield health and does regular NHS GP locum work. She enjoys keeping up to date with all aspects of general practice and regularly attends conferences and educational meetings.
Sarah holds a merit and in her MRCGP qualification and a diploma in sexual and reproductive health.
Sarah has 3 children and keeps busy out of work, she enjoys many sports and outdoor activities and enjoys road cycling, and completing triathlons.