- Warm the black beans
- Add fresh or dried chilli to taste
- Make guacamole by lightly mashing an avocado with juice from ½ lemon, ½ tsp salt, black pepper to taste, and ½ chopped onion
- Mix in fresh coriander and taste
- Add more lime, coriander or seasonings as needed
- Warm the tortillas
- Place a portion of beans onto the tortilla, and a couple of slices of roasted pepper (warm if required)
- Roll up and enjoy with a large side salad and the guacamole.
This well-balanced dish will support your digestive system through black beans which are a source of indigestible fibre. They contain anti-inflammatory phytonutrients called anthocyanins, which give them their black colour, and work with other nutrients to promote good health.
Avocados provide a healthy, creamy and filling source of fat and have been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease, when part of a balanced diet.
Last updated Monday 30 March 2020