Cosmetic surgery in York
Find out more about cosmetic surgery and the various treatments we offer at Nufffield Health York Hospital before booking a full consultation.
Can you self refer?
Yes, you can self-refer to a cosmetic consultant here in York.
Do you do free consultations?
No, you will need to pay for a full consultation. However, we are able to offer a free mini one to one with the specialist. This is a 10 minute appointment enabling the patient to meet the consultant and talk about their interest. If the patient is happy with the consultant and wishes to pursue. The patient will have to return for a fuller consultation which is of charge.
How much is an initial consultation with one of our cosmetic consultants?
The initial consultation fee ranges from £120 - £150.
Our most common cosmetic treatments
- Abdominoplasty (mini, medium, large), otherwise known as a tummy tuck, it is a procedure to improve the appearance of your abdomen. It usually involves removing excess skin and fat as well as tightening your abdomen muscles. Abdominoplasty is sometimes combined with liposuction.
- Breast augmentation is otherwise known as an enlargement. It involves inserting breast implants to increase the size of the breasts, change their shape, or make them more even.
What is the difference between round or teardrop implants?
The teardrop name comes from the way it is shaped, with a sloped contour that fills out more on the bottom than the top, mimicking the shape of natural breasts. Round implants give a lift, cleavage, and fullness they give to the breast.
Other cosmetic treatments we offer at Nuffield Health York Hospital
- Blepharoplasty is a clinical term used for eye lid and eye bag removal. It is an operation to tighten the skin and soft tissue around your eyes. This procedure can be performed under general or local anaesthetic.
- Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the nose. It may also improve how you breathe through your nose.
- Excision of lesion (Mole removal, skin tag removal, wart removal). Skin lesions are lumps or bumps on your skin, such as moles, cysts, warts or skin tags. You can have lesions removed privately if they’re bothering you or you don’t like the way they look. The type of procedure you’re offered will depend on the type of skin lesion you have and where it is on your body. The consultant will advise you on what treatment will work best for you.
- Facelift is an operation to tighten and lift the soft tissue of your face and neck.
Are there other options?
Yes, Botox is always an option to smooth out fine wrinkles.
The Nuffield Health Promise
Our unique offering to patients who are paying for themselves. The Nuffield Health Promise is our pledge to our patients, where we ensure that you receive a clear and transparent price for your treatment, the very best in clinical care, and with no limits on your care.
Does the packaged price include everything?
The consultation is an initial fee, once the surgeon has offered advice on recommended treatment a package price will be given to the patient, all inclusive with no hidden cost. We are proud of our price promise and can guarantee there will be no payment surprises once the quote has been given.
What happens after your consultation in York?
If you wish to go ahead with the procedure, please contact the consultant’s secretary or the hospital to get the ball rolling. A pre assessment appointment will be arranged for you prior to the procedure. Once the pre assessment has been arranged a date for surgery will also be confirmed.
Our cosmetic consultants in York
MB ChB, FCS (SA) (Plast), FRCS (Plast)
Speciality Body Contouring, Cosmetic Breast Surgery, Plastic Surgery
MB BS, MRCS, MD, FRCS (Plast)
Speciality Body Contouring, Cosmetic Breast Surgery, Aesthetic Breast Surgery
BA, BM, MBBS, MA, FRCS, FRCS( Plast)
Speciality Cosmetic Breast Surgery, Body Contouring, Breast Surgery, Aesthetic Breast Surgery, Oncoplastic Surgery, Liposculpture
Contact our cosmetic surgery experts in York:
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
A step-by-step guide to breast augmentation (or enlargement): the most popular cosmetic surgery carried out in the UK.
To achieve the best results from any type of plastic surgery, whether it is breast enhancement, liposuction, a face lift or tummy tuck, it is important to do your research first. Mr Darren Lewis provides some tips for what questions to ask before surgery.