During this difficult time we have taken the decision not to start any new treatment cycles. This is following the guidance from the British Fertility Society and the HFEA.
We will be doing our best to support all our patients through this period, to keep both patients and staff safe and well, while reducing the strain on our NHS colleagues. Please do call us on 01483 357710 to find out how we can best help you during this time. Please bear with us while we deal with the high number of calls and queries, we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
For the safety of our patients, staff and the wider community we will be cancelling many appointments. Everyone entering our premises for any reason will be asked to have their temperature checked, and will be asked about their symptoms. Anyone who has a new, continuous cough or a high temperature (37.8 degrees or above) or who lives with someone who is self-isolating will be asked to go home immediately.
Below are some of our more common queries but please do call us for details if you need to know more
- New treatment cycles are not starting
- For patients already taking stimulation medicines or who have already created embryos we will be aiming to freeze embryos for transfer at a later date when it will be safer to become pregnant
- For patients having a frozen embryo transfer we will aim to postpone the treatment cycle until it is safer to become pregnant
- IUI cycles are being postponed until treatments resume
- IVF cycles to be carried out for storage of embryos prior to chemotherapy or surgery are continuing
- If you are having sperm freezing prior to medical treatment (chemotherapy or surgery) this service will continue
- Review appointments with our consultants are being carried out by telephone
- New patient appointments with our consultants are being carried out by phone where possible or being postponed until treatment resumes
- Implications appointments with the nurses for future treatment are being cancelled (or carried out by telephone where necessary)
- Semen analysis for future treatment are being postponed until treatment resumes
- Counselling appointments are being carried out by telephone
- Scans for those currently having stimulation, or who are currently pregnant will continue as normal.
For other enquiries please call us to find out how best we can support you on 01483 357710.