Get the cosmetic results you desire from tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty) at Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital. Our highly regarded and experienced cosmetic surgeons will be with you every step of the way.
Why choose Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital for your tummy tuck surgery?
Our recently refurbished private hospital in Leicester boasts some of the most acclaimed and experienced consultant cosmetic surgeons in the Midlands. Our patients are at the heart of everything we do when it comes to treatment, care and comfort.
Your recovery will play an important role in the success of the tummy tuck procedure, which is why your package includes any aftercare that your consultant approves. You may be in hospital for a couple of nights. Your private room contains en-suite facilities and Wi-Fi, while freshly cooked meals and flexible visiting hours aim to create a comforting and homely environment.
If you are interested in having cosmetic surgery at Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital, like an abdominoplasty procedure, you can come along to one of our cosmetic open events. Here you will be able to find out information about the surgery and its costs before asking all of the fundamental questions you may have.
Is a tummy tuck procedure right for me?
- You are most likely to benefit from a tummy tuck if you are self-conscious about what your abdomen looks like
- This is sometimes because the skin of the abdomen does not shrink back after pregnancy or after losing a lot of weight
- This procedure is not appropriate for people who are over weight or as an attempt to lose weight
- Your surgeon in Leicester will carry out a thorough assessment before deciding if surgery is suitable for you
- The operation is performed under a general anaesthetic and usually takes between 2 - 5 hours.
There are a number of different surgical options available:
- Full abdominoplasty - is suitable if you have a lot of excess skin. Your surgeon will make a curved cut from one hip to the other. They will remove any excess skin and fat. Your surgeon will then cut under the skin above your umbilicus (belly button), pulling it downwards and tightening it. Sometimes they will need to reconstruct your umbilicus and tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall.
- Mini abdominoplasty - is suitable if you only have a little excess skin. Your surgeon will only need to make a small cut just above the pubic area to remove the excess skin.
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty - is suitable if you only need to have the muscles of your abdominal wall tightened. Your surgeon will make small cuts and use special surgical instruments to tighten the muscles.
Going home after having an abdominoplasty at Leicester Hospital
- The length of your hospital stay depends on which procedure is performed.
- With full abdominoplasty you should be able to go home after 2 - 3 days.
- You may have dressings and drains (plastic tubes) coming out of both sides of your abdomen.
- The drains area usually removed before you leave hospital.
- You will be given post-operative pain killers.
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within 6 weeks.
- We recommend discussing returning to work with your surgeon.
- The results of an abdominoplasty improve gradually over the first 6 months.
- To achieve the best outcome patients should maintain a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities. However, although rare, as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Developing a swelling
- Numbness or persistent pain
- Cosmetic problems
Tummy tuck surgery costs
The cost of tummy tuck surgery may be more affordable than you think. Our prices are inclusive of all costs and have no hidden surprises. You have the option to pay for your procedure as a one off payment or if preferred, you may be eligible for a loan.
We are confident that the price for your treatment at Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital will be competitive and we are proud to deliver outstanding clinical care at a fair price.
Scraptoft Lane, Leicester, LE5 1HY
|Initial consultation||from £150|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£7,160|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more