Are you suffering from a vaginal prolapse? At Nuffield Health Derby Hospital our expert gynaecologists can repair your vaginal prolapse through surgery if you have tried other conventional treatments without success.
Why choose Nuffield Health Derby Hospital for your vaginal prolapse repair surgery?
A vaginal prolapse is very common in women who have undergone a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus). This is because the uterus supports the top of your vagina. Other possible causes include childbirth and hormonal changes in the menopause. If your vaginal prolapse does not respond to conservative treatment, your consultant at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital may recommend vaginal prolapse surgery.
Nuffield Health Derby Hospital has been leading the way for private women's health care in The East Midlands for a number of years. All of our respected gynaecology surgeons have built an exemplary reputation for their successful outcomes from surgery and attention to detail when designing personalised treatment plans for patients.
Our hospital is situated on the outskirts of Derby city centre where we are able to provide patients with an abundance of free parking within our spacious hospital grounds. By choosing to go private for your vaginal prolapse surgery at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital, you will be provided with your very own patient room complete with an en-suite bathroom, TV, radio and wifi to relax in before and after treatment.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital
If you are considering vaginal prolpase surgery and want to go ahead with treatment, you will need to book a consultation with one of our expert gynaecologists at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital first.
To book, simply call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01332 540100 or fill out a contact form above.
What happens during vaginal prolapse surgery?
- Vaginal prolapse surgery is usually performed under general anaesthetic
- In some cases, it can be performed as laparoscopic surgery
- The length of the procedure will depend on the extent of your prolapse
- Your consultant will make incisions inside your vagina and strengthen the supporting tissues with stitches
- They may make repairs to both the back and front vaginal walls
- Additional supporting stitches may be needed may be needed at the top of your vagina or into your cervix
- In some cases, surgical mesh may be used. Any wounds will be closed using dissolvable staples
- At the end of your procedure, they may insert a catheter into your bladder to drain urine and your vagina may be packed with material to prevent bleeding. These will be removed in 1-2 days
- You may need to stay in our Derby hospital for 3-5 days.
- You will be able to go home once you are able to move about confidently and you can pass urine with no problem.
Going home after your vaginal prolapse surgery
- You will not be able to drive until release to do so by your consultant
- Please arrange for someone to take you home on your day of discharge
- You will need to rest and recover for several weeks.
- Take over the counter pain relievers such as paracetamol as needed for any post-operative pain
- You may experience light vaginal bleeding for up to 2 weeks
- You should avoid lifting anything heavy including shopping, laundry or young children for the first 2-4 weeks.
- In addition, you should avoid any strenuous sports activities for at least 4 weeks
- Any stitches you have will dissolve in about 10-14 days. There is no need to remove them.
Most women make a good recovery from vaginal prolapse surgery. As with any operation, there can be complications:
- Blood clots (deep vein thrombosis).
Specific complications of vaginal prolapse surgery include:
- Perforation of bladder or rectum
- Injury to the uterus
- Recurrence of symptoms.
Rykneld Road, Derby, DE23 4SN
|Initial consultation||from £160|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£6,310|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more