Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty) in Cheltenham
At Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital you can get the aesthetic results you desire with tummy tuck surgery. Our expert cosmetic surgeons will also provide you with a personalised treatment plan completely tailored to you. Read more…
Contact our cosmetic surgery experts in Cheltenham
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, GL51 6SY
Why choose Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital for your tummy tuck procedure?
At Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital our expert cosmetic surgeons can provide you with quick access to abdominoplasty, (more commonly known as 'tummy tuck' surgery). Our cosmetic surgeons are highly experienced and provide patients with consistently great surgical outcomes.
To maintain our very high level of primary care, our cosmetic surgeons are fully supported by our friendly and attentive matron-led nursing team. Our nursing staff in Cheltenham are highly qualified and ensure a clean, calm and comfortable hospital setting for our valued patients.
Deciding whether to undertake cosmetic surgery or not isn’t easy and we understand that having any form of cosmetic surgery is a big step. As a result at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital, we request that all patients engage fully with one of our consultants through a private consultation, ensuring they have discussed all the options available before making an informed decision before proceeding with any treatment.
How to book a private consultation at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital?
If you are interested in abdominoplasty surgery and want to discuss your treatment options with one of our consultants in Cheltenham, you will need to book a private consultation via our dedicated enquiry team by calling us on 01242 246 552 or filling out a contact form above.
Alternatively, if you are unsure and require more information, come along to one of our free cosmetic open events at our hospital. Here you will get the opportunity to meet one of our cosmetic surgeons and ask any questions you may have. Please be aware that you will still require a full private consultation before proceeding with any surgery.
The different surgical options available:
- Full abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you have a lot of excess skin. Your surgeon will make a curved cut from one hip to the other. They will remove any excess skin and fat. Your surgeon will then cut under the skin above your umbilicus (belly button), pulling it downwards and tightening it. Sometimes they will need to reconstruct your umbilicus and tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall
- Mini abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you only have a little excess skin. Your surgeon will only need to make a small cut just above the pubic area to remove the excess skin
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you only need to have the muscles of your abdominal wall tightened. Your surgeon will make small cuts and use special surgical instruments to tighten the muscles.
Going home after having an abdominoplasty at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital
- The length of your hospital stay depends on which procedure is performed
- With full abdominoplasty you should be able to go home after 2 - 3 days
- You may have dressings and drains (plastic tubes) coming out of both sides of your abdomen
- The drains area usually removed before you leave hospital
- You will be given post-operative pain killers
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within 6 weeks
- We recommend discussing returning to work with your surgeon
- The results of an abdominoplasty improve gradually over the first 6 months
- To achieve the best outcome patients should maintain a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities. However, although rare, as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Developing a swelling
- Numbness or persistent pain
- Cosmetic problems.
Tummy tuck surgery costs
The cost of tummy tuck surgery may be more affordable than you think. Our prices are inclusive of all costs and have no hidden surprises. You have the option to pay for your procedure as a one off payment or if preferred, you may be eligible for an interest free loan.
We are confident that the price for your treatment at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital will be competitive and we are proud to deliver outstanding clinical care at a fair price.
Struggling to get your health questions answered? Medical Executive Director, Dr Davina Deniszczyc explains how open events get you informed fast.