I qualified in India in 1994 and then did post-graduation in internal medicine. I was awarded MD following submission of my thesis on “Non-ulcer dyspepsia”. I then did further training in Gastroenterology before moving to UK in 2003. I became a qualified GP in 2008 and I became a GP trainer in 2013 after doing a course in Keele University.
I have been working as a GP Partner and Trainer at St David’s Clinic in Newport, Gwent. I also worked as lead private GP at St Joseph’s Hospital, Newport for nearly 4 years.
I am multilingual able to speak Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu.
Feedback from both patients and colleagues has consistently highlighted my excellent team work, listening skills and caring attitude towards patients. I consider myself a patient centred practitioner who has developed a reflective and mature approach to professional development.
I enjoy all aspects of General practice and teaching. I have a special
interest in chronic disease management, health checks and gastroenterology.
He is married with 2 children. Enjoys music, cooking and spending time with his family.
Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu
Publications:Drugs for treatment of urinary incontinence. Monika Vij, Vijay Anand, Hospital Pharmacy Europe Issue 54 January/February 2011
· “Norethisterone–Induced Cholestasis” Anand V, Gorard DA. QJM, 2005 Mar; 98(3): 232-4(Case Report)
1. “Don’t let sunburn ruin your summer”. The Voice- July 2016
2. “Flu Jabs”. The Voice- November 2016
3. “Take control of your health and wellbeing”. The Voice-January 2017
4. "Counting down to your summer holiday? " The Voice- June 2017
5. Quoted in Glamour Magazine article “4 ways to AVOID a hangover put to the test - but do they work?
6. “Newport GP gives advice following Gwent Measles outbreak”, South Wales Argus , 14 July 2017 http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/15412493.GP_gives_advice_following_Gwent_Measles_outbreak/
7. Wales Online, 3 November 2016
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal College of General Practitioner
Other posts held
- I have been working as a GP Partner and Trainer at St David’s Clinic in Newport, Gwent
Dr Vijay Anand does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Vijay Anand does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Vijay Anand does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.