Swimming Lessons at Yeovil Fitness & Wellbeing Gym
At Nuffield Health Yeovil, our popular swim school offers a range of lesson options for adults and children of all abilities.
Call us today:
The Benefits of Swimming
Swimming is an enjoyable and extremely productive way in which to exercise, working all the major muscle groups to tone your body. Not only is it refreshing, but due to its resistant qualities, water provides an excellent environment for a great fat-burning workout. Swimming is also a low-impact exercise.
There is far less stress on your joints and therefore less risk of sustaining injury. No matter what your age, weight, or physical ability, swimming and water-based activities can make up part of an effective exercise regime. Because water is approximately 800 times denser than air, you work harder, and therefore burn more calories. Water can support up to 90% of your body weight, meaning that those with disabilities, injuries, or illnesses such as arthritis can train in a comfortable and safe environment.
We love helping new swimmers, young or old, to discover the benefits of swimming with personal lessons or group classes. We can also help experienced swimmers improve their skills. Our Yeovil swim school follows the national Swim England ‘Learn to Swim' programme and offers both private 1-2-1 and group lessons for learners of all ages and abilities.
Adult swimming lessons
- It's never too late to learn.
- Whether you're a complete beginner, want to improve your stroke, or train for specific event goals, we offer 1-2-1 lessons throughout the day for our gym members.
- Your instructor can tailor lessons to your ability and goals, teaching front crawl, back stroke, breaststroke or butterfly.
- Our heated pool is 20 metres long and work together in a lane by the wall (we always have two lanes available for our member use).
- Adult 1-2-1 lessons are available to our members throughout the day and can be arranged at any suitable time (subject to pool and instructor availability).
Please get in touch with our Swim Manager Marie Cordwell for more information on our adult swimming lessons.
Children's swimming lessons
We offer a variety of coaching options for your child, whatever their age or ability.
- Our parent & child swimming lessons run during term time only and are suitable for children age 12 months and above.
- An adult will need to accompany the child in the pool.
- Over the course of the term, the swimmers will be working towards the Swim England Duckling Awards.
- Our parent & child swimming lessons run during term time only and are suitable for children aged 3.5 years and above.
- The next step in your child's swimming journey.
- Working towards independent swimming and following on to the Swim England stages.
- Maximum of four swimmers, accompanied by an instructor in the water.
- We follow the Swim England 'Learn To Swim' pathway, and offer group lessons for Swim England stages 1-10.
- These lessons are for those children at school, and run from Monday through to Saturday.
- The group lessons run on a continuous basis, 50 weeks of the year.
- Maximum of six children per class.
We also offer 1-2-1 lessons for members that can be arranged at a time to suit you or your child.
Please get in touch with our reception team for more information on our child swimming lessons by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Throughout our swim programme activities, we always have two lanes available for member use.