Swimming Lessons at Leatherhead Fitness & Wellbeing Gym
We run a popular swim school at our Leatherhead gym. Want to learn how to swim or improve your stroke, get in touch.
Contact us today:
Easter crash course
- 12-16 April 2021
- 5 day course : £40 members, £50 non members
- 09:00 Ducklings (pre-school, ages 3 - 4.5 years). An adult must accompany the child into the water
- 09:30 Stages 1/2 Beginners. An adult must accompany the child into the water
- 10:00 Stages 3/4 Intermediates
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please supply your phone contact details.
Swim school reopening 2021
19th April for Junior Lessons and from the 19th May for Adult Lessons.
Please top up your credits using your home portal or contact reception
We have new COVID rules in place at this time:
- For any child under stage 3, an adult must accompany the child into the water
- The instructor will not be teaching in the water at the moment
- Children to be dropped off and picked up at pool door
- No spectators on poolside, please wait in café area
- There are limited showers and lockers, please come "beach ready" if you can
- No towels are supplied
- You may bring your own equipment/toys if you wish
Swim England Learn to Swim Programme
The Nuffield Health Swim School in Leatherhead follows the Swim England Learn to Swim programme and lessons are available to both members and non-members.
- We offer lessons for babies from 12 weeks right up to adults.
- 1:1 and 2:1 private lessons are available.
- Our swimming pool is 20 metres x 8 metres with an overall depth of 1.2 metres.
- Small class sizes.
Have a question for our team regarding swimming lessons in Leatherhead? You can submit enquiries to us, just fill out the form below.
You don't have to be a member of our Leatherhead gym to book swimming lessons
Bookings now being taken at the Leatherhead Reception
JUNIOR AND ADULT LESSONS
Lessons are now continuous and are bookable in blocks of 10 only (top ups). You can top up 3 weeks before your lessons run out and you need to pay before the last lesson or you will lose your space.
Lesson progress can be looked up online by registering for HOME PORTAL.
Click here to download our timetable
Click here to download our term dates
Click here to download our Price List
Click here to download our Class levels
Click here to download our Personal Data Policy
Click here to download our Pool Rules
Click here to download our Private Lessons Enquiry Form
Swimming lessons - Class levels
- Parent & Baby, 4 months - 18 months
The aim of these classes is to learn basic water skills through play, songs and games.
- Parent & Toddler, 18 months - 3 years
This class introduces children into the water through fun games to gain basic skills and encourage confidence.
- Ducklings, 3 years - 4.5 years
These classes are for pre-school children, aiming to build confidence and learn basic skills.
- ASA Stages 1 & 2 - 4.5 years+
Develops basic safety awareness, movement and water skills and introduces submersion skills. Suitable for non or weak swimmers. Aiming to swim up to 5 metres plus front and back.
- ASA STAGES 3 & 4
Aiming to swim 10 metres front and back. Introducing Breaststroke, Butterfly kick and sculling and rotation.
- ASA STAGES 5 & 6
Developing strokes to 50 metres plus, Front-crawl, Back-stroke and Breaststroke and 10 metres Butterfly. Strokes to ASA standards. Treading water confidently.
- ASA STAGE 7 - 10
Developing stroke technique to 100 metres plus. Completion of an obstacle course. Introducing basic turning technique.
- Adult Beginner
Non Swimmers-introducing basic skills, confidence building. Aiming for 10 metres front and back.
- Adult Improver
Focusing on stroke improvement, aiming for 10 metres plus.
Terms and Conditions:
Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds on our swimming courses. Exceptions: Credits are added to your lesson tally if we are unable to supply a teacher or there is a pool closure. There is no refund option. There are no credits for missed lessons and these are unable to be made up. Credits for medical conditions will only be given on the production of a medical certificate. Classes may be cancelled due to insufficient take up or unforeseen circumstances. The management reserves the right to make changes and alterations to the swim programme.