Swimming Lessons at Harrogate Fitness & Wellbeing Gym
Want to learn to swim? We offer lessons with Swim England qualified instructors in both 1-2-1 and small group formats.
Harrogate Fitness & Wellbeing Gym follows the Swim England 'Learn To Swim' Programme.
Swimming is not only a great way to exercise, but it is also a vital life skill.
Our swim school at Nuffield Health in Harrogate is run by dedicated Swim England-qualified instructors.
Whether you are an absolute beginner with no pool experience, or have some ability but want to improve we can help you reach your goals.
Things you need to know about our Harrogate swim school:
- We only accept junior members or children/grandchildren of members (existing non-members who currently swim with us, will continue if accounts are kept up to date)
- Our swimming lessons run Monday - Friday, 14:00 - 18:00 and are sold in blocks of 12 weeks
- Generally, it's five children per lesson
- £10.50 per group lesson for junior members, or under 5's linked to a parent, grandparent or guardian
- £13.16 per group lesson for non-members linked to a parent or guardian
- £16.66 per group lesson for non-members
- £10.50 Adult and Toddler (18 months to 36 months)
- 121s and 122s - subject to availability
- £31.50 for a 1-2-1 adult member or child linked to a parent or guardian, sold in blocks of 4, 8 (£29.87) or 12 (£28.33)
- £23.62pp for a 1-2-2 adult member or child linked to a parent or guardian, sold in blocks of 4, 8 (£22.43pp) or 12 (£21.25pp)
Swimming lessons class levels:
We offer Swim England levels: Read more below:
Beginner (Swim England Stages 1 & 2) 4.5 years+ Development of basic safety awareness, movement and water skills and introduces submersion skills. Suitable for non or weak swimmers aiming to swim up to five metres, plus front and back.
Improver (Swim England STAGES 3 & 4) Aiming to swim 10 metres front and back. Introducing breaststroke, butterfly kick, and sculling and rotation.
Intermediate (Swim England STAGES 5 & 6) Developing strokes to 25 metres plus, front-crawl, back-stroke and breaststroke, and 10 metres butterfly. Strokes to Swim England standards. Treading water confidently.
Advanced (Swim England STAGE 7) Swimmers should develop a quality stroke technique for up to 100 metres, incorporating the skills they have learnt throughout the stages and combining them to develop a linked routine.