Sports Cardiology "The New Speciality"
This event will be held at the Nuffield Health and Wellbeing Centre, Gloucester, GL4 3HR.
The main focus of this presentation will be to introduce this new specialty to the local area GPs.
The focus will be on
- Identification of cardiovascular diseases and risk stratification in individuals participating in recreational (for leisure) and competitive (for performance and winning) sports
- Assessment, investigations and management of sport related heart symptoms such as palpitations, shortness of breath and dizziness
- Exercise recommendations (what to do and what not to do) for exercise and sports in healthy individuals
- Exercise recommendation and prescription for patients with various cardiovascular conditions
- Screening adolescent and young athletes, older than 14 years of age
- Screening for school students and the general population
- Screening athletes with a family history of sudden cardiac death
The main aspects of Sports Cardiology will be presented during this presentation.
To reserve your place, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consultants at this event
Related treatments or tests
Centre Severn, Barnwood, Gloucester, GL4 3HR
Our Gloucester centre is poised to serve the areas of Elmbridge, Barnwood, and Wotton; as well as Gloucester town too. We’re easy to reach by car, just a short journey down either the A417 or Corinium Avenue.