He is a general surgeon with special interest in colorectal and pelvic floor surgery.
His postgraduate training has been in the north west region and Yorkshire. After completing basic surgical training in Manchester, he went on to undertake a period of research in cancer biology that led to award of MD degree from University of Hull. Subsequently, he successfully completed specialist training in general and colorectal surgery in the Yorkshire region. Towards the end of training, he went on a clinical fellowship in laparoscopic colorectal surgery at University of Rochester Medical Centre in NewYork, USA for a year.
He worked as post CCT fellow in pelvic floor surgery in Castle Hill Hospital, Cottingham before taking up the current appointment at Royal Stoke University Hospital
- General surgery
- Pelvic floor surgery
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease,
- Benign colorectal conditions (diverticular disease)
Cycling, swimming, and watching the cricket
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Veerabhadram Garimella at Nuffield Health
- Open surgery groin hernia repair
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Transanal haemorrhoid dearterialisation (THD)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Hernia repair
- Laparoscopic groin hernia repair
- Rectal examination under anaesthetic (or rectal EUA)
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Colorectal surgery
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Bilateral (inguinal) hernia repair
- Abdominal adhesion surgery
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Hernia unilateral
- Anterior resection
Current areas of research interest include colorectal cancer, patient outcomes after surgery, and pelvic floor surgery
- Royal College of Surgeons - Edinburgh
- British Medical Association
Other posts held
- Royal Stoke University Hospital- general and colorectal surgery
Insurers Mr Veerabhadram Garimella works with
Mr Veerabhadram Garimella works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
Mr Veerabhadram Garimella does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Veerabhadram Garimella does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Veerabhadram Garimella does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.