Our Diagnostics Services
At North Staffordshire Hospital we proudly offer a comprehensive range of expert imaging services. All of these services are GP or consultant referral led with the exception of the mammography screening service which is available to ladies displaying no symptoms.
If you have private medical insurance we may be able to work directly with your insurer. However, it’s important that you liaise with the insurance company before starting treatments. You can also ‘pay for yourself’ and in some circumstances you can pay via a medical loan.
To book an appointment or discuss your individual requirements please call our imaging department 01782 432227.
- Our on-site mammographers use low-energy x-rays to examine the breast as a diagnostic and screening tool.
- Patient screening referrals are accepted for those over the age of 40 who have no symptoms and/or problems.
- X-Rays are carried out by our highly skilled radiographers. Appointments are available Monday - Friday and Saturday morning.
- Evening appointments are available three nights per week.
- We offer a wide range of ultrasound procedures which are undertaken by our consultant radiologists.
- These include: Testicular, Abdominal, Gynaecology, Breast, Musculo-skeletal and Vascular.
- The ultrasound procedures are straight forward/minimally invasive and there are no waiting lists.
MRI and 160 Slice CT Scanning
- State of the art Cross Sectional Imaging Suite comprising a 160 slice Toshiba Computerized Tomography Scanner and a Siemens 1.5 Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging Scanner
- Flexible appointment times available Monday to Friday
- Results usually available to your referring clinician within 48 hours.